// CHAPTER FORTY THREE //

(A/N: PLEASE READ. I just wanna point your attention towards the media for this chapter. That picture, that is Avery. I know I have brought attention to her weight before, but I don't want to give the impression that she's the kind of person who thinks she's of a bigger frame but she's not. She is, and there is nothing wrong with that. This story may be a fanfic about Matty, but it's also a journey of acceptance for Avery, just like any other person in the real world. I've cropped the persons head out of the picture, as I want you to have your own imagination on what she actually looks like, as that is part of the fun of reading a book. You'll realise why I have brought attention to this now as you read further on into the chapter. I'm sure many of you will be able to relate to the comments Avery gets from silly, stupid minded people, just like I did, can, and sometimes still do. 

You're all beautiful, do not let anybody convince you otherwise.)

"I've missed you so much." I said into his chest, my voice muffled by the leather jacket he was wearing. He had black shades covering his eyes, and his famous torn knee jeans. 

"I missed you too." He smiled, kissing my forehead. 

"GUYS ITS MATTY OH MY GOD MATTY I LOVE YOU" a sudden bigger swarm of girls encircled Matty and I, and I felt myself being pushed in all directions as well as being squished. I'm even pretty sure someone pulled my hair. 

"Hey guys, how we all doing huh?" Matty smiled at them all, pulling his arms away from their grasp around my back. I instantly felt abandoned, watching Matty hug and take selfies with all the young girls surrounding him. I turned and sat back on my original stool, and stared out of the window next to me, pouting at how shitty this trip had been so far. As I was being mardy, my phone vibrated within my pocket, and I mindlessly took it out and entered my pin code. 

--
FROM: UNSAVED NUMBER

Hey Avery, it's Ethan. Hope you managed to find your way and everything, hopefully you're enjoying Matty's company right now. Hit me up later for a chat if you like :) 

--

I crammed my phone into my pocket without replying, huffing and resuming my original position of looking out of the window gloomily. "Hope your enjoying Matty's company right now",  the irony. I turned back to see the crowd surrounding not only Matty, but Ross, George and Adam as well, had grown in mass. It now even involved the employees of the fast food place. I drummed my fingers on the tabletop impatiently, being completely forgotten about by the four of them I was getting bored, and more importantly, fed up. That's when I decided to grab my bag, and make my way out the door.

The pavements in America were so much wider than in England. In fact, everything was bigger. The pavements, the roads, the buildings, even the people - both in height and width. A sense of adventure filled me as I continued walking down a street I didn't know or recognise, the heat from the sun radiating against my back. After walking for around 10 minutes, I found a small lingerie boutique that caught my eye. I stood outside the shop window for a while, contemplating a set of white lacy bra and undies with red french lace decorating the borders. I'd never owned a nice pair of underwear, purely due to the fact my family was always short on money and I didn't see the point of spending it on something nobody was going to see. But, that had changed now. I blushed crimson, standing still on this street with people bustling around me, remembering the differing encounters I'd had with Matty.

The bell above the door rang as I entered the shop, which instantly reminded me of the record shop. The sales assistant was busy with another customer, which I was silently thankful for, so I began browsing the shop. I found the pair that I was ogling in the shop window, and silently searched through the rack for my size. 

"Can I help at all?" A broad American accent said from over my shoulder. I turned and saw an older woman, late 40's maybe, smiling sweetly at me and pointing towards the sets I was looking at.

"Oh erm, yeah actually maybe..." I coughed slightly, my social anxiety kicking in. "I was just wondering if you carried any higher than a D cup?" 

"Of course hun, what size you after?"

"Oh erm, 38F." I mumbled, feeling my face flushing hot.

"Ooh a hefty size! You must get a lot of attention from the boys huh?" She nudged me with a coy grin. "Okay hun, I'll go get that for you. If you wanna follow me into the dressing room and get yourself ready, I'll bring it over to you. That okay?" She smiled again at me, and I smiled with a nod and began to follow her.

"So where you from, hun?" She asked, leading me through a pair of red velvet drapes into the back room. "I don't recognise that accent."

"Oh I'm from England, like, the Midlands? We kinda get forgotten about that's probably why you don't know the accent. I live in London though."

"Oh right hun, that's funny actually we have another girl here from London too at the minute, looking at the same set of lingerie that you were. Funny isn't it hun?" I half laughed along with her, although getting increasingly irritated with her use of the word 'hun', I acknowledged that it was a strange coincidence. She stopped in front of a white cubicle door and ushered me in, and I got undressed ready to try on my possible new underwear. The woman's bony hand emerged from over the top of the cubicle, holding the bra and matching pants set and I eagerly took it from her with a thank you. I immediately slipped the pants on, before tackling the bra. It took me a while to get comfortable in it, cramming my boobs into the cups and adjusting the straps so that they gave enough support, but weren't sawing their way into my shoulder. I turned and admired myself in the mirror. I'd never be happy with my body, or the way I looked generally, that was always going to be an obstacle - but this set of nice underwear made coping with the way I looked that little bit easier. For the first time, I felt somewhat comfortable in my own skin, admiring the way the underwear seemed to enhance my assets. I couldn't wait until I could show off to Matty.

I slipped back on my original clothing and exited the changing room, clutching the underwear in my right hand. I found my way back to the shop front, and lined up behind a blonde girl at the counter ready to pay for my things. Looking over her shoulder, I realised she was buying the same set as me, and I smiled to myself - she clearly has good taste. However, this was short lived as she turned around to face me, and I felt my jaw drop. In front of me, stood the skanky looking girl from before - the one that I saw Matty with when I was shopping with my mum, the same one who he was on a date with in that pizza place all those weeks ago. She looked equally shocked to see me, but an evil grin soon took over the expression on her face.

"Oh hi, Aves," She mocked, imitating Matty's nickname for me. "I'm surprised you could find a pair of nice underwear that could fit you. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for you. Really. Everyone needs a nice set, even whales." She grinned, before barging past me and out of the shop. I looked down at my feet, a crimson blush creeping its way up my neck in embarrassment. Tears began to form in my eyes, and I was about ready to turn and put the underwear back on the hanger when a voice interrupted me.

"Ignore that little hussie hun, you look beautiful with or without nice underwear." The shop assistant smiled at me from behind the till, and ushered me to bring my purchases forward. I smiled awkwardly, hesitantly handing them over. "Don't feel bad anyhow hun, that girl asked for double the amount of padding in her bra. She was as flat as a pancake."

I paid for my goods and exited the store, making my way back towards the fast food restaurant that I huffed out of earlier. On the street, I could see four familiar figures looking around frantically. 

"How could you have not seen where she went? Are you fucking blind?" George hissed at Matty, throwing his hands up in frustration.

"I was fucking busy! I noticed you didn't see where she went either!" Matty responded, scooping his hair back with the palm of his hand. He genuinely looked worried.

"She's there! Look!" Ross shouted in relief, pointing towards me as I walking towards them. They ushered towards me and wrapped their arms around me, initiating a huge group hug clump on the corner of the busy street.

"Don't do that again. Please." Matty whispered to me, kissing my forehead once again.

"Yeah, sure. Whatever." I sighed, a silent tear gliding its way down my cheek.