// CHAPTER TWENTY THREE //

Matty had grabbed my face with both of his hands, his fingers clutching at the hair at the back of my head before I managed to pull myself out of my state of shock. His lips were crashing into mine, passion engulfing the both of us in this single moment. I was angry, I was more than angry at him. But all of the tension and heartache from the past couple of weeks were slowly vanishing as I kissed him back. I could feel the small smile on Matty's lips as he kissed me again, before finally coming up for air after what seemed like hours. He rested his forehead against mine, looking down into my eyes as I panted to get my breath back from this sudden form of affection.

"Aves, what do you do to me?" He whispered with a sigh, before kissing my forehead and pulling himself away. As I watched him walk off down the street, the blonde girl angrily teetering after him shouting demands and explanations, I couldn't help but brush my finger tips over my lips, trying to recapture what had just happened. Seconds after he had disappeared around the corner, I clambered into Callum's car, slamming the door and fixing my eyes straight in front of me.

"Well that was weird." Callum said quietly in an attempt to break the silence, before pulling away from the kerb.

--------

"What?!" Emily gasped, slapping one of her hands against her cross-legged knee.

"I know. It was insane." I sighed, collapsing onto her bed next to her. When me and Callum arrived home I was beyond glad to see Emily was back, bossing Ben around and scolding him for not handing in his Geography essay. I really needed a girls insight to this, Callum was acting strange in the car and there was no way I was asking Ben for advice.

"In front of the girl he was on a date with as well, that's cold." She giggled. I could feel myself burning up at the use of the word 'date', furious with the thought of it. Seeing my discomfort, Emily quickly changed the subject. "So what are you going to do?"

"What do you suppose I do?" I asked, twisting my nose ring round and round. The cold stainless steel felt cool against my fingertips.

"If I were you I'd march straight over there and demand to know what's happening." Before I could comeback and tell her what a stupid idea that was, my message tone beeped. I quickly snapped my head to look at my phone, before looking at Emily wide eyed to see she was doing the exact same. I scrambled to grab my phone from the desk by the door, quickly opening it to see the sender.

George, 6:43pm
'I'm five minutes away from yours, put the kettle on darlin x'

I was disappointed that it wasn't Matty, but I'd been growing a lot closer to the rest of the boys and I was happy at the chance to see George. Due to the whole Matty fiasco I hadn't dared to step near their flat in fear of version 2.o of the broken lamp event occurring.

"It's George, he's coming over." I said, placing my phone in my pocket. Emily rolled her eyes with disgust before reaching for her own phone. Emily was a simple and prim girl, and George & co. were her exact opposites in every single way, meaning that she despised them from day one. Of course, everything had to be done Emily's way and if not, it was the wrong way. She acknowledged Matty due to me constantly talking about him, but she had a real bad dislike for George which I really didn't understand.

"I'm gonna call Noah anyway, have fun with the hobo." She scoffed. I glared at her before leaving the room and putting the kettle on. Soon after I'd made the tea, George had knocked on the door.

"So what do I owe this honour?" I teased, sitting cross legged on my bed.

"Thought I'd come and check on my favourite galdem," George joked, waving his hands in the air in a gangster-like way. "Word bitch." I instantly cracked up laughing, careful not to spill the tea I was holding.

"You're such an idiot." I laughed.

"An idiot that managed to score our band another gig and wants you to come along." He grinned, throwing a ready prepped paper airplane in my direction. It got caught in the mess of my hair and I scowled at George.

"You've been waiting for that moment since you came in haven't you?" I said, raising an eyebrow.

"Since I made it on the walk here." George grinned to himself. "Open it!"
I did as I was told and unfolded the paper airplane carefully. What greeted me was 'THE 1975" printed in huge bold letters at the top of the gig poster, along with a few other supporting artists that were moderately well known and borderline famous.

"No way! Congrats!" I squealed with excitement, rushing over to hug him. "How did you even manage to score this?"

"Woah careful you'll spill it!" George laughed, steadying my arm holding the tea with his own lanky one. "I'm sleeping with an important person let's leave it at that," he grinned mischievously. "So you're coming right? It's this weekend."

I sighed. "I don't know George, I'd like to bu-"

"No no no don't give me any of that me darlin', Matty told me exactly what happened today so ya can't use him as an excuse anymore. You're coming even if I have to drag you there by your hair."

"What? What did he say?" I found myself saying, eager to know where I stood with this confusing and mysterious boy that kept stealing pieces of my heart one by one.

--------
A/N: I've had a really shitty day today so I'm really sorry if that comes across in this chapter. Whenever I'm sad I like to write as it distracts me fully and i really enjoy it. I love writing this story and I love it even more when I'm reading your comments, they're always so positive and it's lovely to see ☺️ thank you for reading so far!x)