// CHAPTER TWENTY TWO //

"Aves?" Matty said again. I had only just registered that I was still stood 5 metres away from their table, looking utterly dumbfounded with spilt coke decorating my left boob. I snapped out of my trance and gathered everything I could to walk straight past him and into the toilets.

"Who's that?" I heard the girl laugh as I pushed open the door. As soon as I got inside I stumbled into a cubicle and burst into tears. Partly because I missed him, partly because I looked like a disgusting and incompetent mess, but mostly because he had moved on far too quickly. I felt like I was in mourning whilst he's out gallivanting around with another girl. It wasn't fair.

No. It wasn't fair.

I wasn't going to allow him to do this to me. Mess me around and expect me to stay down just because he refused to talk to me for weeks. That was not happening. I quickly dried my eyes with some tissue paper before exiting the cubicle and walking over to the full length mirror hanging on the wall. I looked a mess, it was true. But that didn't mean I couldn't use that to my advantage. I shoved my hands into my jeans pockets and pulled out a bobble and a few grips, before pulling my semi-greasy hair back into a messy bun. I fixed the remaining mascara marks on my face, smudging them around my eyes so they looked smokey and dark. I looked messy, but at least this time it was as if I was meaning to be.

With a quick breath I grabbed a few more tissues and walked out the toilets, dabbing at my boob. The idea was to draw attention to it, but that backfired instantly as I stepped outside and felt a firm clasp around my wrist.

"Who are you here with?" Matty demanded, pulling me towards him. I tried to shake him off, in anger and frustration. But I couldn't ignore the bolts of electricity tingling beneath his tight fingers. I was sure he felt it too, as he looked shocked for a split second before regaining his composure and scowling down at me, his lips set in a straight line.

"What has that got anything to do with you?" I hissed. He looked completely startled at my sudden apprehension towards him, and I tried to fight the smirk that was arising.

"It's got everything to do with me, yo-"

"But it hasn't. You've ignored my texts and calls for two weeks, you didn't really expect me to just sit around moping, did you?" I interrupted.

Oh the irony.

"Well no but I-"

"But maybe that hadn't crossed your mind since you're having such a fantastic time with Little Miss Tits Out over there?" I suggested, nodding towards his booth. She was sat glaring at us, her low cut crop top barely holding in her limited assets.

I moved my gaze back onto Matty, enjoying the power I suddenly had over him. It wasn't going to last long I knew, so I had to make the most of it. Matty's eyes were darting all over my face, before they settled on my own and a smirk began to shoot its way up into the corner of his mouth.

Fuck.

He knew. He knew I was jealous and that I missed him. I escaped his grasp and turned to walk away back towards my own table with Callum, knowing I had to keep strong. His corner smirk could shatter me into a million pieces, and I was sure he was aware of it.

"We have to go." I said, grabbing my fluffy cardigan from the back of my chair and putting it on.

"Bu-but pizza?" Callum whined confusedly. I pointed behind me and Callum followed, before his eyes widened and he got up too. "Alright, takeaway it is." I smiled gratefully as we walked out of the doors of the restaurant, before walking to Callum's car. It was so ancient that the passenger door had to be opened from the inside as the handle was broken. I sighed impatiently as Callum clambered into the drivers seat. That 5 minute encounter I had with Matty had completely drained me, and I just wanted to get home. As my door popped open, I felt a tight grasp around my wrist again and I was pulled around to face the other way. All I could see was a mess of dark hair and a pair of closed eyes.

Matty had grabbed me again.

And he was kissing me.

------------

(A/N: sorry it's not a long chapter, I'm just busy catching up with coursework etc 😩 another cliff hanger because I know how you all like them ;) I'm just glad Matty's finally stopped fannying around and kissed her!)