Chapter Nineteen

"Soooooo, how long have you been keeping this secret from me?" Mitsuki playfully asked while eating her dinner. She hadn't brought this up yet, so I knew it was coming.

"What secret, did I miss something?" Katsuki's dad, Masaru, questioned.

Mitsuki gleefully clapped her hands together while Katsuki shrunk into his seat. "Didn't you hear? Our son is dating this lovely young lady!" She pointed to me, "I told you they were dating!"

"Shut up you old hag."

"Katsuki! Don't talk to me like that!"

"Yes, please listen to and respect your mother." Masaru's personality seems vastly different than Mitsuki and Katsuki.

I laughed at the situation, he must feel so intimidated all the time. "What are you laughing at, Shady."

"Oh, just your whole family dynamic, it's quite entertaining." I noticed a small smile on Katsuki's face, "I can definitely see where you get your intensity from."

"Yes, he's quite like me, but almost nothing like my husband! But no more avoiding the question! How long have you two been hiding the fact that we're dating?"

"It's none of your fu-" I slapped on the head with a shadow fly swatter. It had become a sort of joke at this point, I never hit him hard enough to hurt him, but he would know to quiet down. It was a way of letting him know he was about to go too far.

"We actually started dating today, so technically only a few hours."

"That makes sense! Aren't you proud!" Mitsuki elbowed her husband in the arm, signaling for him to speak up.

"Ah- Yes, I'm very proud." Masaru awkwardly responded. "Say, what's your quirk? You just used it to hit Katsuki, did you not?"

I smiled, I'm happy to talk about my quirk, so I'm actually kinda glad he asked. "Yes, that was my quirk. I can manipulate and travel through shadows. So what you just saw was me using shadows from the table to form a fly swatter."

"So you could make just about anything you wanted?" Masaru asked.

"Yeah, it's pretty fucking cool. She can create platforms, flying fists, swords, and restraints." Katsuki answered for me.

"Yep, and I also can't be harmed by my own shadows, allow me to demonstrate." I formed a small blade, a little nervous since I would technically be cutting again. I cut into my wrist slightly, a thin red line appeared. The Bakugou's showed concern, but were relieved when blackness covered the damaged area, then disappeared to seem like nothing happened. "I can't do the same for blunt trauma, but I can form a thin shadow layer around sharp weapons, meaning that I can heal up and keep fighting."

I shook a little, the single-cut I made me want to do it more. I can't do it now, I shouldn't do it at all.

"Are you alright, sweetie?" Shit, Mitsuki must have noticed me shaking.

"Uh- yes. I'm fine, I still feel the pain from the cuts when I do that. That's all." She seemed to believe my lie, what was really going on was that I pictured all of the times before I had cut. I hadn't done it in almost ten months now.

Just to keep myself from crying and going crazy, I made knife-like fingernails on my hand furthest from Katsuki, that way he wouldn't see. I cut at my thigh, making sure there was no way for any blood to drip onto the chair.

Damn it, I'm falling back into my old habits.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~