Chapter Thirty-three

It was after dinner the next day, and training had absolutely kicked our asses again.

"Hey, Keiko! I heard they're setting up some sort of fun activity for us after our break!" Izuku ran up to me, "I wonder what it'll be."

I laughed, "Who knows, but knowing how this trip has gone so far 'fun activity' could be anything from running until sunrise to digging mile-long trenches."

"I bet it'll be some like capture the flag!" Mina excitedly remarked, "Plus that would in some way train us."

"That's a distinct possibility, but hope it's not. I never really got to play games like that as a kid."

"Well I mean, that's not super surprising since you're filthy rich." Ochako spoke with slight jealousy in her voice.

"Anyway, I'm going to head back with Iida and Todoroki now, see you guys later!" Izuku ran off, waving and almost running into Shoji.

"Has he always been that clumsy?" Tsu questioned.

"I guess so, not overly clumsy but enough." I replied.

Ochako giggled, "I guess I haven't told you guys what happened the first day I met him."

"Oh? Do tell." Toru teased.

"Well, it was at the entrance exams, and the first thing I see him do is trip over his shoes and nearly faceplanted into the concrete!"

"Wait seriously? I'm surprised he didn't tell me about that, but I suppose he would be too embarrassed."

"Yeah, his face was bright red! Especially after I had to use my quirk to help him."

"Soooo, do you guys have any siblings" Toru asked, if I could actually see her face she would probably have an eyebrow raised.

"That was a little out of nowhere, ribbit, but I have little brother and a little sister."

"I bet they're super cute!" Toru cheered, "And I asked because I wanted to get to know you guys better!"

"Makes sense. I'm an only child, but I wouldn't mind calling you guys my chosen sisters!"

"I will absolutely be your sister Ochako!" Mina jumped up and squeezed Ochako in a tight hug. "C'mon guys! Join the hug!"

We decided to join the hug, after all, we had all gotten pretty close this school year, even if we weren't far into it.

"Well Ochako, you're not the only one who doesn't have any siblings. I'm a single child too." Momo stated in her formal way of speaking.

"Same, just me my mom and my dad." Kyouka twirled her ear jacks between her fingers.

"Does anyone besides Tsu have siblings?"

"I have an older brother, but I haven't seen him in a while."

"Oh really? How old is he?"

"Ummm, I think he's twenty-two or twenty-three. I couldn't say for certain, I haven't talked to him since my mom left and I never really got to meet him since he lives on the other side of the country."

"Oh, I'm so sorry." Toru hugged my arm.

"It's alright. I don't remember a ton about him. I remember his voice, his name, and that he wanted to work for a big company or something like that. And I've had this theory that he was only my half brother, which would explain quite a few things."

"Really? Like what."

"Well, like how he cut off communication as soon as my mom left, and the fact that his quirk-"

"Alright students! It's time for an activity!" Mandalay excitedly shouted.

"I guess I'll have to tell you guys later." I whispered.

Pixie-Bob jumped out in front of Mandalay, "It's a test of courage! Class 1A and Class 1B will be pinned against each other in this test!"

The classes had moved a little closer to the pro-heroes to hear them better. Somehow Mina, Kiri, Sero, Denki, and Sato had already formed a group to start cheering about how awesome this was gonna be, and how they were gonna win.

Before they could celebrate too long, Aizawa told them they had to stay inside for lessons, since they were part of the remedial class. He also had to grab Mineta, who failed and was trying to hide behind Shoji, and Monoma from Class 1B.

Pixie-Bob continued to explain how Class B would start as scarers in a roundabout path, while our class would go through in pairs every three minutes, and our goal was to collect tags with our names on them halfway through.

"Everyone draw to see who your partner will be!" Pixie-Bob exclaimed while waving around paper slips.

"I wonder who my partner will be!" Toru said as she picked a slip. "Lets see, Kyouka! I'm with you! How exciting!"

"Yeah, that'll be fun." Kyouka smiled slightly and walked off with Toru.

Shoji was paired with Tokoyami, and Tsu with Ochako. I went up and grabbed a slip. "Oh! Todoroki, it looks like I'm your partner."

"It does seem like that's the case."

It didn't take long for everyone else to pair up, Momo and Aoyama, Katsuki and Ojiro, Iida and Koda, and Izuku by himself.

"I feel kinda bad that he has to go alone. If one more person had passed or failed, then we would have an even number."

"That is true. You've known Midoriya for quite a few years, right Todomura?"

"Yeah, and there's no need to be so formal, you can call me Keiko if you want. Do you mind if I call you by your first name?"

"I suppose thats alright. You can call me Shoto."

"Alright! Class B, go set up your terrifying areas!" Mandalay shouted.

"I doubt it'll be that scary, I'm a little jumpy but I doubt it's going to be terrible. Not any more terrible than my trauma." I flicked finger guns at him and smirked.

"Trauma? Why are you joking about that?"

"Oh sorry, my mom left when I was nine, along with my brother cutting off communications. Plus some other things but ya'know I'd rather not get into that." I waved my hand, trying to get off the topic. I love my darker sense of humor.

"That's understandable, I don't like to talk about the scar on my face." He reached his hand up and lightly touched it. "Either way, I didn't know you had a brother."

"Well I mean, he did leave when I was nine so. Do you have any siblings?" Man today just really is the day for talking about siblings.

"I have a brother and sister, and I had another brother that died when I was five."

"Oh, I'm sorry."

"There's no need to apologize, we both have family issues and that's that. We can't change the past."

"I guess so, but I'm glad you were willing to talk. That's a big step from when we were paired up in the beginning of the year."

He looked towards the ground, "Sorry about that, I never really had friends in school and that just became my life. You can blame Endeavor for that."

"Hey, it's alright. Besides, I'm your friend now, right? And if you want I can punch him." I placed my hand on his shoulder and smiled.

"Thanks for the offer, and I guess you are my friend now. Along with some of our other classmates."

For a spilt second, I could've sworn he smiled.