Chapter Fifty-six

"So he really wants to leave the LOV?" Natsu sighed, "That's gonna be pretty difficult." It had taken a while, but we finally got Natsu to calm down and trust what I was saying.

Fuyumi adjusted her glasses, "He's right, if he tried to come back to us wouldn't he immediately be thrown in prison? Along with the girl you mentioned... ah shoot what was her name..."

"Himiko."

"Yeah, her. Plus they would have to tell the police everything they know about the League."

"Our teacher, Mr. Aizawa, has been doing some research as to how bad their punishments would be right off the bat." Shoto explained. "He found that their crimes may not be nearly as bad as anyone thought. From the looks of it, they were just trying to survive until they were taken in."

"From talking to Himiko and Touya, I learned that Himiko doesn't kill people, she only collects their blood and does various blood work." I added. "Mr. Aizawa predicts that she would only get a two-year sentence if she were to go into rehabilitation and do extremely well in it."

"Then what about Touya?"

"Were... not sure yet, he's only had about a week to look into anything, and he's trying to do it without other teachers knowing."

Natsu lowered his head, "Ah, I see."

"Hey, Keiko." Fuyumi looked at me with a sad, yet relieved, look. "When we get there, why don't you let us help you explain everything to our mom."

"Well, I don't know how necessary that will be, but I appreciate the offer."

"Oh, whys that?"

"She already knows I exist, and she knows Touya's alive."

While we finished up our lunch I explained how he had been sending letters to her, and the LOV had been sending mocking letters to her. They may need to prepare her to meet me, but I don't think anyone will need to explain anything.

"Here we are." Fuyumi announced. I looked up at the hospital, it's way taller than any of the ones I've been too.

Natsu opened the door, "Alright, let's go guys." We nodded and made our way to the front desk. It nice and cold in here, I like that.

Fuyumi told the nurse there who we were visiting, and then led us, but mainly me, to the elevator we take.

"Keiko, since you're closest can you push the button for floor six?"

"Sure." I pushed the button, and the elevator started going up. We stood quietly until we got to the floor.

Fuyumi continued to lead us until we got to Rei's room. "Can you two just wait outside for a minute while we prepare mom?" Fuyumi gestured to Shoto and I. We agreed, and she went in with Natsu.

"Man I'm nervous." I whispered.

"You'll be fine." Shoto reassured me. "From what you've told me, I'm sure she'll be happy to see you."

"Yeah, you're right. I'll be fine. It's gonna work out." I quietly repeated that to myself, I do believe it'll be okay. But a part of me it saying everything that can go wrong will go wrong.

The door opened and Natsu peeked his head out, "Alright, you guys can come in now."

Shoto went in first, and I followed. We walked closer to her, but her head was turned about due to Fuyumi talking with her. Once we were only two or so feet away Rei turned her has to us.

Her eyes widened upon seeing me, and she covered her mouth with her hand, gasping. She lowered it after just a second, "Kei-Keiko? Is that... really you?"