Chapter Four

I've been training Izuku four times a week for an hour each day, he's getting better, but I'm starting to worry about his health. He's promised to work out on his own, that way he can keep getting stronger. I've noticed him becoming tired and dazed in class. I can tell he's over working himself.

    "Hey Broccoli, " I called to him as school ended, "how often are you working out, because it really seems to be taking a toll on your health."

    He looked down, seemingly ashamed. "Five hours every other morning and night..."

    "What the HELL! Midoriya you're going to kill yourself with that kind of workout schedule!" I slapped the back of his head.

    "Ow... I know, but if I want to get into U.A., I have to work harder than anyone else! If I don't, I'll never make it!" I face palmed.

    "I get that, but you're never going to make it if you die first!" I sighed as we walked, "Just... promise you'll go a bit easier on yourself, with you working out ten hours every other day and training with me four hours a week, that thirty-four to forty-four hours a week total, that's twenty to twenty-five percent of your week gone!" I kicked a pebble that was on the sidewalk.

    "You're right, I shouldn't be this harsh... and how did you figure out the percentage so quickly."

    "I dunno, I'm good at math." I shrugged and started on a path different than his to get home, "See ya later, Broccoli Boi."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Me: Ayy yo Broccoli hair, you wanna hang out or something? I'm boreddddddd

    🥦Broccoli Boi 🥦: Sorry Keiko, I'm busy today.

    Me: You've been saying that ever since you've started working out, you really have to have some sort of social life

    Me: PLUS

    Me: if you don't have a social life, then I don't have a social life

    🥦Broccoli Boi 🥦: Yeah, you're right, I'm sorry. Today's not one of the days I rest, so how about sometime tomorrow? What we're you think of doing?

    Me: how about we go out for ice cream or soemthing like that

    Me: *something

    🥦Broccoli Boi 🥦: Can't, I'm on a diet so that I can gain some muscles and lose fat.

    Me: Well ur no fun

    Me: and I think you mean SWOL

    🥦Broccoli Boi 🥦: Lol yeah sure

    🥦Broccoli Boi 🥦: How about we take a walk in the park nearby, we can feed the ducks and fish. I'll pay for the food too.

    Me: what a gentleman

    Me: Alright see you tomorrow at 10 maybe? Does that work for you

    🥦Broccoli Boi 🥦: Yeah that works. See you tomorrow.

    Me: see ya tomorrow broccoli boi

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Well, it's nine o'clock on a Saturday, and it's tomorrow. I ate some waffles and got ready to hang out at the park. After I had brushed my teeth and gotten dressed into acid-washed jean-shorts and an 80s style David Bowie shirt, I sat down on the couch and debating between reading a book or playing a video game, I didn't have to leave till 9:45, so I had plenty of time. I decided to play Assassins Creed Odyssey for a while, maybe hunt down a mercenary or two.

    "Aw shit!" I yelped as I was galloping away on my horse, I accidentally ran right through an area packed with lions, and there were about seven of them chasing me. "Damnit, damnit, dam it!" My horse had been killed and I was running for my life, there was no way I could take on that many without dying. My dad was laughing at the scene, knowing how much I loved this game. No matter how frustrated I got I came back to it eventually. The lions quickly caught up to me, and in three hits, I was dead. "Awww man, c'mon, there was a cliff right there! I could've made it!" Maybe next time I get the chance I'll go to the arcade, since I haven't gone there in a week or two. It would be good to take a break from this stressful game.

    I checked the time, realizing it was already 9:43, I shut the console down and put my shoes on. "Hey dad I'm going to the park with Izuku, I'll be back before lunch."

    "Alright kiddo, have fun out there." He smiled, lifting up his coffee mug in recognition.

    It wasn't too long till I arrived at the park and found Izuku. "Over here!" I shouted from a good twenty feet away, sure he would hear me. Sure enough, he quickly turned around and made his way over.

    "Hol' up, give me your arm." I looked at him skeptically.

    "Huh? Why?" He got a bit flustered by my command.

    "Chillax dude, and just give me your damn arm." He lifted his arm up, not sure what I was going to do.

    I held his arm still with one hand and poked it with the other. "I knew it!"

    "Wha- Knew what?" He was freaking out for some reason, but nevermind that.

    "You've gained muscles, obviously." I chuckled and scratched an itch on my neck. "We haven't been able to talk for a while because of your training, so I'm not really surprised."

    The rest of the time went by in a blur, we just feed the fish and ducks, and we talked. Never really focusing on one thing for long, just chatting as friends. First talking about how the entrance exams are soon, then about some books I wanted to buy, making sure he remembered what I had taught him in terms of fighting so far. Eventually I had to leave.

    "I told my dad I'd be back before lunch, so I should go now." I stated while looking down at my phone.

    "Yeah, and I'll be busy until the entrance exams, so I won't really get to see you, sorry I have to skip out on fighting next week."

    "Eh, whatever, it's only one more week till the exams anyway." I started walking home, "See you at the exams, Broccoli Boi." I waved as I left.

    "Of course! See you then... man I really need to think of a good nickname." I laughed when I heard this, hoping he'd come up with sounds fun.

    The wind picked up a bit, and I stretched my arms to bask in it. "U.A., you better be ready."