Chapter Forty-four

I had finally finished explaining the whole situation again to everyone else, each time I had to explain I cried, they were all pretty shocked to say the least. When I asked them to keep quiet about the whole situation for now they agreed. After I told them I called my dad on Izuku's phone, since the already had his number.

"Yes dad, I'm okay, just some cuts. I got stitched up and I'm with some friends."

My dad let out a relieved sigh, "I'm glad you weren't injured more than you were. I was so worried when I found out you were kidnapped." His voice was shaky, "I can pick you, Izuku, and Katsuki up since they live close to us, can everyone else get a ride home?"

"Let me check." I looked toward everyone, "Are you guys able to get home? My dad's taking Izuku and Katsuki with us." They said they had rides and I continued to talk to my dad. I think he was crying over the phone, understandably so.

While waiting outside of the clinic for about an hour, I was informed about how the fight ended, along with the disguises Momo helped with. By the time my dad arrived Momo and Kiri had already been picked up by their parents, and Shoto was getting a ride with Tenya.

I hopped in the passenger seat, Katsuki sat behind my dad, and Izuku sat behind me. I'm sure that'll end well. "It's good to see you again kiddo." My dad hugged me once I was buckled and started to drive towards home. "And it's good to see you two as well, I heard about the attack and I haven't seen you in a while."

"Thanks for the ride, Mr. Himura." Izuku said, "I appreciate it."

"No problem, I know both of you are close to Keiko and I would feel bad if I just left you there to wait any longer."

"I... also appreciate the ride..." I looked back at Katsuki, he was staring out the window with his hand on his face. I'll have to make sure to talk to him privately later, he wouldn't want to talk in front of any else.

"Never thought you were one to thank people." He chuckled, "But again, it's no problem. If either of you ever need a place to stay or a ride for any reason just let me know."

The rest of the ride was spent talking about how U.A. was and our new friends there with the radio on. Katsuki didn't talk much, for the most part he stared out the window, occasionally arguing with Izuku about something but not getting to into it.

Once we had dropped Katsuki and Izuku off we finally headed home, the ride was pretty quiet except for the radio.

"Hey dad?"

"Whats up kiddo?" He turned onto the street our house is on.

"How long have you known about...." His eyebrow arched up, taking a moment to glance at me before returning his eyes to the road. ".... about mom being a villain." He parked the car in the driveway as soon as I asked, tightly clutching the steering wheel.

"I'm guessing that... the league told you what happened." He took the keys out of the ignition, his hand rested on the door handle. "Let's, go inside." He kept his head down and didn't shadow travel to get inside, which was used by us pretty often. I followed behind him, somewhat struggling to walk on crutches. He unlocked the house and held the door open for me, "I'll call the school to get Recovery Girl in the morning." I nodded in response and made my way to the couch, elevating my foot on the ottoman.

My dad sat down on the opposite side of the couch and sat in silence for a few minutes. "Keiko... I'm so sorry kiddo. I've known for- for years before she left."

"But why don't you tell me anything? Not even when you knew I wanted to go to UA?"

He clasped his hands together and rested his forehead against his thumbs, "I wish I would've told you, I should have known something like this would happen soon... I should've told you right after the first villain attack." He was quiet, just sitting, staring at the floor. "I'm sorry."

"Dad it's alri-"

"No its not, I've been putting on a face all these years for you. I didn't want you to get hurt, emotionally or physically."

He spent the next thirty minutes or so explaining that he didn't want me to get hurt, but couldn't think of a way to tell me, how long he's known, how he struggled with having to keep mom's job as a villain a secret. I told him everything that happened, leaving out the fact that Touya gave me a phone number. I don't think it would be good to tell anyone about that yet. We eventually headed to our respective beds, I struggled with finding a comfortable sleeping position but eventually I was fine.

Once the morning came, we called Recovery Girl and she came around ten, my ankle is fixed now but there is some scarring. She arrived with some policemen to question me about the kidnapping, but nothing that would cause me to tell them about Touya or Himiko. We were told that I can't leave the house alone for a while due this, I told Katsuki through text and he's in the same boat as me.

We went to Rimuru's shop for lunch, arriving later in the day so it wasn't so crowded. We told her about my mom, she was just as devastated as we were. But, even through the pain she offered to have us over during holiday gatherings. She saw my mom as a daughter, so why not see us as family too. And its... actually really nice to have some as a grandmother to me, I've never met any of my grandparents, and last night while we played board games I discovered that the villain business was a family thing and my grandparents on my mom's side had been killed in a battle with heroes. My dads parents just didn't live long enough for me to meet them.

Due to the attack we've been given a few days off of school, and informed we would have to meet with teachers about moving into dorms on campus.

The past few days have been awful. But as least some good things are coming out of it.