Chapter Three

My dad eventually arrived home, but before he had I cleaned up my tears and splashed cold water on my face to that it wouldn't look like I was crying. Thankfully I had two hours between me getting home and him getting home, then there was the fact he was getting pizza, meaning I didn't have to start on dinner like usual, which I didn't mind, but today was rough. We ate dinner comfortably, and I hid my sadness, making small talk about how our day was. After that we watched TV for a while, relaxing on the couch.

    "Hey dad, I'm going to bed early tonight." I spoke quietly and grabbed my phone off the coffee table.

    He looked up at me, slightly concerned, "You seem a little off today sweetie, are you okay?"

    Reluctantly, I answered, "Yeah, I'm fine... just a little worn out today." I gave him a weak smile and turned around to go to my room. I felt my father's arms spin me towards him and hug me.

    "It's obvious you're not aright... but I won't pry, whenever you're ready, I'm here and open to talk." He squeezed me a little tighter, but let go so that I could go sleep.

    My eyes welled up a bit, "Thank you, dad." I spun on my heel and walked to my room, flopping onto my bed, and looking at my phone screen. The notification wall was filled with texts and calls from Izuku, before I could even unlock my phone, I fell asleep and dropped my phone onto the floor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    I woke up to see it was 10 am, thank goodness it's a Saturday. I don't think I could go to school immediately after that whole fiasco. It's also good that dad works today because I just don't really want to talk about feelings right now. I picked my phone up off the floor to look at the notification wall, and I decided to read what he had said. Most of it was asking if I was okay or thanking me for standing up for him even though it was painful for me. Just as I had finished reading I received a new message from him.

🥦Broccoli Boi 🥦: I'm coming over Todomura, I just left my house, I'll be there in 15.

    "What the heck!?" I said to myself, I rushed to get some clothes on, opting for some ripped jeans and a skull t-shirt. He never calls me by my last name, and he sure as hell is never this direct in text messages. He's serious and if I'm not ready when he gets here I'm toast.

    Just as I finished brushing my teeth and rinsing my mouth, the doorbell rang. "Shit, shit, shit." I ran to the door and as I was about to grab the doorknob I slipped on the doormat and fell flat on my back.

    Through the door, I heard Izuku call, "Keiko! Are you alright?"

    I slowly stood up rubbing my back, "Yeah, I'll be fine." As I said that I opened the door and let him in.

    He quickly headed for the couch and gestured for me to sit down. "Keiko... we need to talk."

    As I sat down I started rapidly speaking, "IknowIshouldhavetoldyouaboutmyquirkearilerI'mreallysorryandifyoudon'ttrustmeanymoreIunderstand."

    "Woah, slow down there, I can barely understand what you're saying..." He looked down at his hands. "I still trust you, but I need you to tell me everything, I'm not really a good friend if I don't listen."

    I nodded and started telling him everything, from what my quirk is, to me tripping Katsuki every so often, to how severe my depression got, to me cutting with shadows.

    Once I finished talking I looked up at him, my throat was dry and my eyes were puffy from crying through the entire story.

    Before I could say anything else, he pulled me into a tight hug. "You're my best friend Keiko, practically a sister, and if anything else happens, please just tell me." I just sad there and hugged him back, not wanting to accidentally say something stupid.