Chapter Fifty-four

"Alright, you ready?" The man piercing Denki's lip asked.

"Yep!"

He slid a hollow needle through his lip, then used the hollow part to guide the ring. Denki winced at the pain. "Okay, you'll have to make sure to keep it cleaned." He handed Denki a small paper with instructions, "It'll take six to eight weeks to heal, so be careful."

"Yes sir." Denki lept up, handing the man the money for both him and Hanta. "Thank you!"

He took the money and placed it in a container, "No problem, just be careful when you eat and clean it after you finish eating."

"You got it!" Hanta exclaimed, excitedly looking into their phone camera.

We exited the shop, "Those look really good on you guys!"

"Yeah! I'm so happy I got this!" Denki also looked in his phone camera.

I laughed at them geeking out about their new piercings, "You want me to take a picture for you?" I grabbed my phone out of my pocket, "I'll send it to the group chat."

Hanta told my to put my phone away, "You were part of this too! You were emotional support!"

"Yeah, get in this selfie with us!" Denki pulled me into frame of Hanta's camera, "Cheese!" Hanta snapped the photo and showed us.

"Yeah I suppose I was emotional support, you looked like you were gonna cry for a minute there." I chuckled while Hanta sent the picture to our group chat.

"Thanks bro!" Denki exclaimed. "And they're right Hanta, you did look like you were gonna cry." Oh! Denki used a different pronoun for me, yay! I will say I do think I like they/them. Honestly at this point I gotta figure out if I like he/him or not.

"You guys are mean, but that's fine, I can just beat you in Smash Bros again."

"Yeaaaaah, you were pretty good at that. But where do you guys wanna eat lunch? According to my phone theres a KFC, a hoagie place, a Pizza Hut, and a Denny's that are less than a ten minute walk from here."

"Ooh, KFC sounds pretty good." Hanta said.

"Yeah, it does. But won't the crispy chicken bits mess with your lips? I think we should go to Denny's. Pancakes sound pretty good right now." 

Denki shrugged, "I guess you have a point, you cool with that, Hanta?"

"No objections here."

On our way there we continued chatting and goofing around. Denki and Hanta used pronouns other than just she/her when refering to me, which made me really happy. We happily ate pancakes at Denny's, and I told them I feel happy and comfortable no matter what pronouns are used for me. I also explained my realization for being agender, basically just that "I'm just a sack of flesh, so who cares?" thing.

I'm glad I figured it out so quickly, Hanta told me they had been struggling with what they were for months before they figured it out. In all honesty, I think having the whole sack of flesh thought plus Denki and Hanta helping me try out different pronouns really sped things along.

We finished up eating, Denki paid for all three of us, and we headed back to the dorms. The rest of the day was spent hanging out. We even created a class group chat just in case. Tenya collected everyones phone numbers and created the chat, then instructed everyone to send their name so that everyone could saved each others numbers. Plus, earlier in the week Momo helped set Ochako up with a cell phone so that she could send and receive photos and do much more than a flip phone can. I already have some people's numbers, but not everyone. So, I guess I need to come up with names for them!