Chapter Thirty-two

We woke up extra early this morning to begin training, being told we have to give our all to be ready to even try to get our provisional hero licenses. Aizawa explained to us that even though we've improved over the past three months, we've mainly improved with "mental prowess and technical skill" as our teacher says. While we're here, we're going to be improving our quirk's power. Before we started the get to the actual training, Aizawa told us that this week would feel like hell.

As we walked to the place where we would train, I remembered how Katsuki said after using his quirk a lot, he wouldn't be able to hear very well. "Hey Yaomomo, do you think you could make something small for me?"

"Oh? Sure Todomura! What do you need?"

"Can you make me a pair of earplugs, that can block out a pretty decent amount of noise?"

She rolled up her sleeve and started to make some earplugs, "Of course! But may I ask why you need them?" She handed them to me and I stuffed them in my pocket.

I didn't want to outright say that Katsuki might be going deaf, so I came up with the most reasonable excuse I could. "Oh, well since we're going to be training ourselves half to death, I don't want Katsuki to injure his ears with his quirk, I'm just being cautious."

She nodded, "That makes sense, I wouldn't want anything to happen to any of our classmates, so I'm glad you mentioned that. Maybe I can see if anyone else needs something to protect their senses." She tapped her chin for a moment, "Maybe I could make Kyouka some mini cooling pads in case she needs them! Her poor ears get overheated after using them too much."

"Sounds like a great idea! Anyway, thanks for the earplugs, I'm going to give these to Katsuki now!"

"No problem!"

I sped up and tapped Katsuki on the shoulder, "Hey I got something for you."

"Oh? Did you zoom back to a grocery store or something while I wasn't looking?"

I handed him the earplugs as discreetly as I could, knowing he doesn't want anyone to know about possibly going deaf yet. "No, but I did ask Yaomomo to make these."

"I guess I'll use them during training then." He grumbled while stuffing them in his pocket. He lowered his voice a bit, "Does she know?"

"Don't worry, it's not like I'm gonna shout it to everyone."

"Fair enough."

Soon we reached were we would be training, where Aizawa split us up into different areas depending on how we'd be training and who we'd be training with. Tokoyami and I went into a small cave in the side of the mountain. Our training was for him to try and control dark shadow without letting them rampage, while at the same time trying to catch me. I'm supposed to rapidly move around the cave while popping out every once in a while to allow a chance to catch me, I'm also supposed to create objects, walls, and various blunt weapons to prevent myself from being caught. Our training is like an intense game of cat and mouse.

"I do not wish to harm you in this exercise." Tokoyami bowed to me.

I returned the formalities and responded, "Nor do I wish to harm you, but I know we're both tough."

He nodded and smiled, "Indeed."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After what seemed like an eternity, a whistle blew to let us know it was time to quit for the day. Tokoyami and I walked out of the cave, both of us slower than normal.

I immediately flopped face first into the ground, "I had no clue manipulating shadows could be that exhausting." I rolled to face the sky, "Or that dark shadow could move that quickly." I got up and brushed myself off, "I guess we should head down for dinner."

"I suppose so." He started down the path and I followed, he didn't talk on the way down so I didn't either. It wasn't too long before we reached the main camp area to make dinner.

The Wild Pussycats announced that we'd have to make our own curry for tonight, thankfully I've made it before and know how to make it. But that doesn't mean I'm not exhausted and don't want to do that. Oh well, if I want to eat I'll have to.