Chapter 1

Its been four long and stressful years but now I was officially done with high school for good. I've been waiting for this moment since I stepped foot into the school and now it was here, graduation day.

This was the last time I was going to be seeing a lot of these faces and the thought made me want to hit the dougie. But I didn't, unlike a lot of classless individuals I actually walked across the stage like I had some sense. Some select few did everything from twerk to break-dance but at least they kept everyone entertained I guess.

Soon enough the caps were flying in the air I was soon walking through the crowds of new graduates and guests trying to find my mom. As I walked I waved and chatted to a few people I came to befriend the last few years. There wasn't much because I was quiet and it takes me a while before I can really open myself up to people, I call it nervousness and others just call it me being stuck up.

Searching the crowd for my mom I was stopped by Terrance, a guy I've grown sort of close to during our last year of high school.

He congratulated me and I did the same and we shared a hug and pulled apart.

"So what you doing tonight," he asked and I shrugged.

"Go home, stuff my face, watch tv..."

"Or...you can come out with us tonight."

"Us?"

"A whole bunch of us are going out to celebrate tonight, my boys, your girls I'm sure."

"And where would we be going," I asked.

"Club.."

He didn't have to say anymore and I shook my head.

"I don't know.."

"Come on," he smiled, "We can have a repeat of prom night."

It was my turn to smile now and I shook my head, prom felt so long ago.

"I'll think about it..."

"You will..?"

"Yes," I smiled just as a few of his friends walked up to him, "Bye Terrance."

"Bye....and I better see you later," he yelled after me and I rolled my eyes playfully him off and still looked around for my mom and finally found her and she immediately pulled me in for a hug.

"I'm so proud of you."

"Thanks mom."

We pulled apart and she smiled, "Ready to go...?"

"Umm can I say bye to the girls first," I asked her knowing she wanted to hurry up and leave so we could beat the traffic out of here. But I wanted to meet up with my friends first.

"Yes," she nodded, "I'm going to go and pull the car around."

"Alright I wont be that long," I promised her and I watched her walk away and pulled out my cell phone once I felt it vibrating.

"Hello."

"Where are you?"

"Umm," I looked around and explained to her where I was as best as possible and soon my three best friends were walking up and I smiled as we all shared hugs congratulating eachother. After that Crystal brought up tonight and the girls all agreed that they wanted to go and have fun and when they asked me I shrugged.

"I don't know.."

"Come on Kashmere," Julianna pleaded.

"This is the last night your probably going to see everyone," Danielle added, "So just come, one night."