Chapter 23

The morning of the trip I woke up early because August would be here at eight-thirty. After my shower I dressed in some comfortable clothes because I was going to be stuck in the car with August for four hours. Mom was still sleep and although she acted like she didn't care about what I did I still wrote her a note and told her if she needed me to call me but I knew she wouldn't.

Five minutes after eight-thirty I grabbed my purse and suitcase, locked up the house and walked down the steps and sat it on the edge of the sidewalk. Before I could check the time again he was pulling up. After he parked I stood up and was about to grab my suitcase but he hurried over to me and grabbed the handle from my hand.

"I got it."

"So strong," I mocked pinching his cheek and he sucked his teeth.

"You can open up the trunk at least."

I did that and watched as he damn near tossed my suitcases in before closing it. After he did we were face to face and he leaned in for a kiss which I gladly reciprocated.

"Ready to go," he asked and I nodded and smiled eagerly and we made our way inside his car and pretty soon my house was in the distance.

"Where are we meeting everybody," I asked him texting Julianna who was already with D.

"Gas station," he answered and I nodded.

Fifteen minutes later we pulled into the gas station and I noticed D's truck and I barely got out the car before I was greeted by an overjoyed Crystal.

"Can you believe this," she smiled, "A week away all expenses paid trip, you dating August is the best thing that's ever happened to me." I shook my head at her and August just chuckled and walked over to the pump and Mike was headed his way. When he reached him they dapped up and I ignored him and walked the short distance with Crystal to where Danielle stood. She was about to go inside the mini mart and get some snacks for the road and I must have been so anxious about leaving eating breakfast slipped my mind.

"You coming inside with us," Danielle asked us and I nodded and was about to ask if August wanted anything but soon enough he was calling me name and when I turned around he was motioning me over. I took my sweet time walking over there and could feel Mike's eyes starting at me but I refused to acknowledge him.

"You rang," I asked and he held out a twenty dollar bill.

"Get me something to drink."

"Are you asking or telling?"

"Please," he even added in a smile and just like that my defenses were letting up.

"Fine," I turned around ignoring the bill in his hands.

"Kash," he called after me but I waved my hand at him and caught up with the girls who were waiting for me. Since I was going to buy a boatload of snacks I would just pay for everything with my money, and that means he wasn't getting shit.

We walked inside and when I noticed who was in line at the register my mood went south. We made eye contact and I hit her with a smile and me and the girls walked on. She was doing the most, a skin tight crop top, high heel sandals, and jean shorts so short and tight they screamed, 'yeast infection'.

"Who invited her," Crystal asked and I wish I knew but I tried not to dwell on it. Ebony was a non factor and that's what she needed to stay. I would keep my distance from both her and Mike during this trip but if they pissed me off then that would be a whole different scenario.

"That girl is ridiculous," Danielle stared at Ebony's outfit.

"I thought you were extra Crys but I see you've met your match," I joked and Crystal hit me upside the head but it was true and she knew it.