Chapter 35

The next morning I woke up feeling good. Only downside was knowing that I was supposed to be waking up to August right about now. Even though I was more hurt than mad last night today was his birthday so I decided to forgot about all that. I had plans for today. Getting up I took a shower and dressed before doing my hair. Getting dressed I packed up everything I needed to get dressed for the night into my car before leaving.

First stop was the grocery store. Since I felt bad for not being there last night I decided to make it up to him by making him breakfast. I'm sure he would appreciate it, and since I never cooked for him before I decided to impress him with my skills

I got to his place just after nine thirty hoping that he already didn't eat breakfast. Knocking on his door, hoping he was up and wasn't somewhere passed out drunk. Knocking for close to a minute I was just as I was about to pull out my cell out the door opened. 

"Happy Birthday," I smiled as soon as I laid eyes on him but my smiled faded when my eyes landed on his lip and then my eyes glided down to his bruised knuckles. Looking back up at his face his eyes were on my hair, forgetting every thing else my thoughts were focused elsewhere. 

"What happened," I asked walking past him and inside sitting down the bags. 

"Nothing," he shrugged nonchalantly, "Got in a scuffle."

I frowned, "A fight, on your birthday, with who, over what?"

He looked amused and just smiled. 

"Nothing you need to worry your pretty purple head about."

I smiled and touched my hair self consciously, "Surprise, do you like it?"

He rubbed his chin and circled me before standing back in front of me, "It's aight."

"Aight," I repeated about to tell him off but his lip caught my attention. 

"Does it hurt?"

"Nah, I felt worse."

I pouted not liking that he got into a fight on his birthday and now his handsome face was compromised. 

"Well," I smiled changing the subject, "I hope you didn't eat yet because I'm going to cook for you."

"You...cook?"

"Don't play me or else I'm going to mess up your face even more."

He smiled but his smiled faded, "Yesterday I-"

"Old news," I waved him off, "I'm not mad or upset but I'm hungry and I will be mad if you don't have any decent pots or pans."

He walked past me into the kitchen and pulled some out, and they looked damn near brand new.

He took the bag from my hand and I sat my stuff down and kicked off my shoes. I started to prep and he went to the living room to chill. About every five minutes he would yell and ask if I was done and I would yell back no. Soon he wad in the kitchen hovering over me, stealing just about everything. 

"Your lucky it's your birthday," I mumbled.

"You can leave, after your done cooking of course."

"You don't want me to leave, besides every time I'm not around you always get yourself into trouble so I'm going to stay glued to your hip for the rest of the day."

I leaned over and kissed him on his cheek, "And besides if I leave you wont get your present." 

I kissed him softly and smiled letting his head wander. Ten minutes later we were eating and watching a movie of his choice, just as the intro was coming on he turned the TV down and looked my way.