Chapter 2

The club incident was all and forgotten once the next week got underway. It was summer and although I would love to stay at home, in bed all day I had another priority and that was dance practice. Me and the girls formed a dance crew about two years ago and danced in a local dance battle every Friday. There were male groups, female groups and unisex groups and we of course were one of the female groups. Correction we were the female group and no one other female crew could compete with us. 

So far this year we had yet to lose one battle. I blame that on our hard work and dedication. Last year we barely got any wins but this year that was all going to change. I had my eyes on the prize this year and that was winning the last battle later this year. Instead of going against other crews in your group three crews would compete against each other. The male, unisex, and female crews with the most wins for this season. The way me and the girls saw it that was going to be us since so far this year we were undefeated. 

The winner got to split five thousand dollars within there crew but it wasn't even about the money to me. It was proving everyone who doubted us wrong. Last year we sucked and people talked a lot of crap about us, and I was out to prove last one of them wrong. I just wanted the recognition and the bragging rights. I wanted people to take us seriously, that we were just as good, if not better than anyone else in the area. 

For now though we just made sure each week we came up with a flawless routine. First thing we had to agree on though was a song to dance to. Four girls, four different personalities and four different tastes in music. For the most part we usually picked a popular song to dance to, something that everyone knew but this week I wanted to do something different.

Monday I woke up and got ready for work. I worked down at the local boys and girls club and taught a summer dance class Monday through Friday.  I didn't get paid that much but I didn't care, it wasn't about the money. It was a way for me to help out in the community, get some kids off the street and show them that if they worked hard they could do anything that wanted to do. They were mainly middle school aged kids and each one of them had talent whether they saw it or not. They might not have knew it but they inspired me. I taught them different routines and moves and they even taught me some in return. I loved working with kids and it was way better than finding some boring, simple retail job for the summer. 

The class I taught ranged anywhere from an hour to two. After I dismissed them I headed over to my own dance practice. I took the bus there and I showed up late but I wasn't to concerned considering yesterday I had picked a song and even came up with a routine, but it needed a little bit of work. That's what the girls were for. 

Even though I was late I was the first one to get there and went and changed into my dance clothes. After that I started to stretch I turned towards the door to see them all coming in. After the girls got settled they joined me to stretch. 

"So what song are we dancing to this week," Julianna asked us and as they debated I cut in. 

"Actually," I spoke up, "I already picked out a song and came up with a routine but it's kind of rough."

"See, I told you to much time on your hands," Crystal shook her head and I rolled my eyes. She thought that I had no life but was it bad that I liked to be alone? That I actually liked dancing in my spare time?

I ignored her comment and got up from my spot and walked over to the sound system and connected my i-pod and once I found the song I pushed play and quickly jogged to my spot. 

This routine was out of the ordinary for me to come up with. I usually came up with basic to complex choreography and sexy and flirty wasn't really my thing. In all honesty I surprised myself.  It was something out of my comfort zone but sometime you had to take chances. The dance needed some slight touching up but I knew the girls would help with that, I also knew they were going to ask questions.