Chapter 29

I woke up with August's arm draped over my waist and his head using my breast as his personal pillows. I pushed him off a couple of times during the night but somehow he always wound up in that same position. He was snoring lightly and didn't seem to be getting up no time soon and I took this time to think. All of this was new to m and last night felt like some kind of dream.

It was just after eight and we checked out at noon, and we still had to pack up our stuff. I removed his arm and head trying not to wake him, and as soon as I moved his head off of my chest he sucked his teeth and soon his arm was back around my waist and his head nestling with my chest.

"Stop playing," he mumbled not even opening his eyes up.

"I have to pee," I made an attempt to push him off again but he didn't budge, "You want to me to pee on you?"

His grip loosened and I slowly made my way out of bed and into the bathroom. After handling my business I brushed my teeth and decided to get a head start on my packing. I tied my hair up and walked back into the room picking up clothes as I went. I picked out a simple outfit for the day and sat that aside and walked over to where my suitcase was.

Picking it up I placed it on the edge of the bed and unzipped it and I could just feel his eyes on me. Looking over I confirmed my suspicions.

"You going to get up and pack your stuff," I asked.

"No but you can do it for me," he suggested and I rolled my eyes.

"I'm not your momma nor your slave."

"After last night I figure it's the least you can do."

"The least I can do is open up your suitcase so you can throw your stuff in it, that's about it."

"Ungrateful," he mumbled and threw the covers off of him and I watched the whole way as he made his way to the bathroom.

I didn't know what to make of last night, it was amazing and I should be happy, happy that he was showing real affection. From his little speech, to the bracelet, to the bathroom set up. I tried not to over think about it but over thinking was one of my downfalls. For now I would act like everything was normal because I didn't want our relationship to change. But change was inevitable.

He came out the bathroom and instead of grabbing his multiple suitcases to start packing he laid back down in the bed and pulled the covers over his head and I couldn't help but smile.

"I'm not helping you pack up your stuff, so don't come sweet talking me later," I told him knowing he wasn't sleep.

He chuckled like I had just told a joke, "All I gotta do is sweet talk you, whisper some shit in yo' ear, lick my lips and you know you'll do anything I say."

So he thought. I kept my mouth shut and finished my packing. When I was done I put my bags aside and decided to take a shower, while August was still sleep. Just to get some alone time and gather my thoughts.

Getting in the shower I noticed the faint scratches on my arms and remembered my fight with Ebony last night. Last night I was pissed off and ready to kill her but this morning I felt indifferent about the whole situation. Yes I couldn't stand her and was glad I got to put hands on her but I hated getting like that. Letting my anger get to me and getting out of character and this was my second fight of the summer and I prayed it would be my last for a very long while. I just hoped she felt the same.

Lost in my thoughts I was brought out of them when I heard noise coming from outside the shower. Turning my back to the shower door I finished rinsing the conditioner out of my hair and counted down in my head the time before he popped his head in.