Chapter 55

A week later....

For my birthday I spent the whole morning with my mom just cause. We didn't really do gifts but over breakfast she passed me an envelope. I didn't really know what to expect but inside was a letter telling me I had fully financial control over all of my money. When my dad died he had a will and inside he left me money. Close to 200,000. Money he was putting aside for my future and my college costs along with money he made from stocks. I wasn't supposed to get full control of it until I was 21 or until I could prove that I was financially responsible but my mom pulled some strings.

She let me have 25,000 when I turned 18 last year and most of it I spend on college so far and my car. I was surprised she was letting me have all of it but I wasn't in a rush to spend it. I had everything I wanted and needed for now. My initial use for the money was to move out but I didn't see a point in that now, at least not yet. My main focus right now was finishing school and paying it off and start investing more money into my stocks. I don't really know much about my dad and his job, just knew that he was successful and I never considered us rich but I did go to this preppy private school and we lived comfortably. I never once heard my parents fight or argue over money or stress out about bills.

Reading over the letter only made me realize that I still haven't told August the truth about everything. This past week we've been hanging out, joking, and having fun but we had yet to really talk about the past. I actually preferred it this way but I knew that we had to talk about things eventually. I was just waiting for the right time and I doubted tonight would be it.

After spending the morning with my mom me and the girls went out. It was my birthday and I was in a good mood so I decided to treat us all to a day out and get pampered. It was a way to spend time with them but also a way for me to get ready for my night out with August. They knew we had plans but they didn't know what we were doing and to be honest I didn't either since August refused to tell me anything. I just knew that we were going out and one of those places was to the strip club like he promised.

After getting back home I got ready for the night. I didn't really know what to wear so I decided to keep it my outfit simple and rock all black. I already had my hair and nails done so after I took a shower, did my makeup and got dressed I was good to go and grabbed everything I needed for the night. My mom thought that I was going out with the girls and so when I left the house she simply told me to have fun, but not to much. Little did she know I was hanging out with August again and that I was going to the strip club. To be honest she didn't need to know. She told me to break up with August, she didn't say anything about not hanging out with him.

I went outside and decided to wait for August up the street at the old spot he used to pick me up from. He texted me that he a minute away and so I was just waiting on him to pull up. A little over a minute later a truck pulled up and parked next to the curb right next to where I was standing. I was wondering who it was but that all came to an end when August walked around the truck.

I smiled as he walked up to me.

"Happy birthday."

"Thanks," I smiled.

He looked me over, "You look nice, real hair?"

"Yeah," I nodded, "Since you always trying to play me."

"When?"

"Don't even," I rolled my eyes, "Aint you hot with all that on yo head."

I mocked him and he sucked his teeth.

"When have I ever said that?"

"Shut up," I pushed away from me.

"You better keep ya hands to yo'self."
"Or?"
"You lucky it's ya birthday."