Chapter 18

After practice I hurried home and got ready to go out. I wanted to look cute of course, but not to cute. I finally decided on white graphic New York t-shirt, some distressed cuffed boyfriend jeans, and my white low top chucks. I put on some hoops, some random midi-rings and left my hair wild and curly not bothering with more than some eyeliner and lip gloss. I grabbed my cell and wallet, keys and made my way to my destination.

Dave & Buster's for a playful night of fun, and plus it was his idea since I told him awhile back that I've never been. I parked and got out the car and smiled as I approached him as he was to preoccupied with his phone so I decided to sneak up on him. Just as I reached him, about to scare him he looked up and smiled at me.

"Hi Kash."

"You saw me?"

"Your reflection through the glass," he pointed to the glass door and I sighed.

"Hi Terrance."

Inside we sat down and soon after ordering we were talking and catching up on what we've been up to this summer. He was informing me on how he pretty much has been catching up with all of his family and friends before he leaves town for college in a week.

"Why so early," I asked.

"So I can get settled, plus I need to start training."

"I still cant believe your going all the way to Texas."

"You gonna miss me," he smirked.

"Don't flatter yourself."

He chuckled and smiled at me, "I'm surprised you agreed to meet up with me."

"Why," I asked sipping my sprite.

"August."

I looked at him confused and waited for him to elaborate.

"You two are together right," he asked.

"Yeah."

"I just thought he would have you on lock down," he smiled and I rolled my eyes at that assumption.

"He's my boyfriend, not my dad."

He nodded looking like he was thinking about something.

"What," I asked him thinking it was something I said.

"Does he treat you good?"

This was everybody question when it came to my relationship, did August treat me well. I guess everyone knew about his past with girls and wanted to know if actually turned over a new leaf.

I couldn't hide my smile if I tried, "August is great."

More than great but I didn't want to brag....

He nodded, "He's brave, I give him that."

"How so?"

"He did something I was always apprehensive to do."

"And what's that?"

"Make things official with you."

That was the last thing I expected him to say honestly.

I was with August now, but I've had a crush on Terrance back in school and he always puzzled me. He would talk to me and flirt and show me attention but then date this girl and that girl and basically kept me in the friend zone. After a while I chalked it up as him being a flirt and so when he came around I started to pay him no mind, I still had a small crush on him though but since August entered the picture I haven't thought twice about him honestly. But I was curious as to why he never took the next step with me and asked him why didn't he?

He shrugged and smiled.

"For one as corny as it sounds I never wanted to screw up our friendship if things didn't work out with you, and two I thought you would say no."

"Why would you think that?"

He gave me a look, "You say no to just about everything."

"No I don't," I smiled, okay maybe I did....

"You turned down nigga's left and right in school, so much so that soon they stopped trying, and not to mention you never went out on the weekends, never showed up to any of the parties, and games."

"I showed up to a couple of games," I reminded him.

"A couple out of what, like 100."

"Well I'm more adventurous now," I smiled, thanks to August.

"Bout time," he joked and I smiled tossing a balled up napkin his way, "But seriously I'm happy for you, if he makes you happy then I'm good. And I hope when I'm gone we can stay in touch?"

"We can do that," I smiled and motioned towards the arcade area, "Now hurry up so I can whoop your ass in air hockey."

"We'll see."

That night was fun, lots of fun and I was glad I agreed to hang out with Terrance before he left town for school. I got home after ten and just as I was settling down for the night I got a text from Julianna.

We texted back and forth and when she questioned what I did tonight I told her I went out with Terrance. No more than a minute later she was calling me and I didn't even get to say hello because she was firing off questions.

"You went out with Terrance, tonight?"

"Yes," I trailed off.

"Why," she asked and I sighed.

"He leaves town next week and he wanted to see me before he left."

"And did August know about ya'll meeting up?"

"No...."

"Kash!"

"What?"

"You really don't see a problem with what you did?"

"Should I?"

"You went out with another-"

"Me and Terrance are just friends," I cut her off.

"A friend you used to have feelings for, what if August went out with a girl he used to have feelings for and didn't tell you, how would you feel?"

Well when she put it like that....

"Exactly, does he know?"

"No."

"Are you going to tell him, were you going to tell him?"

"I didn't plan on it."

"And what if he finds out from someone else and gets the wrong idea?"

I rolled my eyes, she was being overdramatic.

"Fine, I'll tell him."

After I got off the phone with her I started to think about what I did and started to realize how wrong I may have been. August was understanding and I was with him so he had no reason to be upset. At least I hoped he wouldn't be....

---------------------------------

**I would like to say THANKS to EVERYONE who has been reading!! VOTE & COMMENT!!!

**Do you think Kash was wrong for going out with Terrance?

**Terrance in MM