Chapter 10

For the rest of the week I focused on my dancing and then August. This weekend there was some performance at the club and August was supposed to be hosting. He wanted me to come with him and I told him of course like I was going to let him go to the club all alone. He couldn't even watch me dance without getting hounded by girls. I see I was going to have to start marking my territory. 

Mom wouldn't look at me the whole week let alone speak to me. I tried to make amends by cleaning up, taking out the trash trying to help out but I never got acknowledged. Even though I believe my mom was out of line I still didn't want her ignoring me.  Friday I decided just to keep my distance from her and let her come around on her own time but she could be stubborn, something she passed down to me so I knew that that might take a while. 

Friday before our battle started August walked in looking like his usual sexy self and I wasn't the only one that noticed.  After I walked over to him and kissed him in front of everyone who was gawking at him I walked away. Simple as that. 

I joined the girls and as I walked up they were all looking off in the distance and yapping.

"What are you guys looking at," I asked as I walked up and they all stared at me, exchanged looks and Crystal said the name of the person I was hoping I would never see again.  I looked off in the distance and it was hard not to spot her sitting and talking with a girl and laughing.

"I thought she was never coming here again," Julianna sighed. 

"As long as she keeps her distance and doesn't talk to me or look at me, I'm good," I decided to let it go. She was irrelevant. 

I was in a good mood, we won our battle and with that came more money and with college in a couple of months I could never have to much. Well I was in a good mood until I spotted her talking to my man. 

"I'm going to go say hi," I told the girls but Julianna pulled me back.

"Can you do that without your hands?"

"I'll guess we'll find out," I shrugged and made my way over and when August saw me he gave me a hug and congratulated me on my win.  I smiled at him and kissed him and turned my attention to Jasmine.  The only reason I did though was because she started clearing her throat obnoxiously and when we made eye contact she gave me a weak smile.

"This is my girl," August told Jasmine and Jasmine nodded.

"Kashmere with a K, I thought you were talking about someone else."

Who the hell else did she think he was talking about?

"You two know each other," August asked me. 

"You could say," I sighed.

"It's been a while, how have you been," she asked me but I knew she could care less.

"Great and you?"

"Amazing."

"That's nice."  

"I see your still dancing here, and your girls, you guys were....good."

"Undefeated," I smiled at her and she smiled back at me sarcastically.

"I would have stopped by here sooner but I've been busy dancing backup and doing videos,  tomorrow I actually have an audition."

"That's nice, what kind of videos do you dance in?"

"All kinds I just wrapped up a music video last week."

"Oh?"

"What kind of videos did you think?"

"I swear I saw you on an informal one time for some kind of exercise program, you know those ads they show early in the morning."