Chapter 66 - Do You Want to Dance?

"I'll pick you up in 5 minutes. Does Justin need a ride?" Josh asks, from the other end of the phone.

"Uh, I'm not sure. I haven't seen much of him since this morning. He's been out with Amber, as usual. He got back a couple hours ago but he, Abbo, and Matty started to watch some game on TV. Matty wasn't too happy about that. He isn't much of a sports fan," I answer.

"Not yet," Josh interjects, with a laugh.

"Yes, not yet is right. He wanted to watch cartoons so I put a dvd in for him to watch in the study while my Gram was on the computer."

"I bet Amber will pick him up. She won't want to go into Mango Tango alone," Josh states.

"Yeah, you're probably right," I reply.

"Well, I'll see you in a few."

"Can't wait," I answer, before hanging up.

I walk over to the bathroom for one final look in front of the mirror. I examine my appearance the best that I can in the small circular mirror that hangs above the pedestal sink.

I smile. I am actually pleased with my reflection. At first I had no idea what to wear. But then Gram came in and saw the mess of clothes thrown all over the room and asked what I was doing. After explaining to her that I had nothing to wear to go dancing she left the room without a word, which I thought was odd. But she returned less than five minutes later with a huge shopping bag in her hand.

"I think this will be perfect. You left it in the car the other day," she said, as she handed me the bag.

I peered inside and caught a glimpse of bright red chiffon. It was the dress Gram had bought me when we went shopping together.

She was right. It was perfect.

I had completely forgotten about the dress until that very moment.

"I agree. This is perfect! Thank you again for buying it for me," I squealed.

"Don't mention it. And see, I told you that you would find a use for it. Aren't I always right?"

"Yes, you always are," I replied, as I threw my arms around her.

"Well, get dressed, and remember the black strappy shoes are in the bag as well."

As I stare at my reflection in the mirror I can't believe my eyes. I look like me, but yet so different. I look older, more mature. I am not sure it is the dress because it feels the same, for the most part at least. I know deep down that I am different though. Everything about me is different. And the reason for that is Josh, my boyfriend.

Maybe that's why I look older?

Perhaps girls who have boyfriends exude maturity?

My wavy hair is down and parted in the middle. I wear a hint of blush over my newly tanned skin. My eyes shimmer with bronze eyeshadow and pop with black liner and mascara.

I slip my strappy heels on and grab my clutch. I drop some lip gloss, a compact, my wallet, and phone into the tiny bag.

As soon as I enter the living room to wait for Josh, I notice that he is already on the couch, waiting for me. I smile as I take in his appearance. He looks quite handsome in his black jeans and white button down shirt that he has paired with a thin black tie. The sleeves of his shirt are rolled up to his elbows. When he gets up to greet me I catch a glimpse of his shoes. He is wearing black converse sneakers. His brown curly locks hang free around his ears. I have never seen him dressed like this before. He looks good. He looks gorgeous.