Chapter 94 - Welcome to Mennakenna

I wake up early, sleep deprived and completely anxious. My brain has been working on overdrive all night, thinking about our upcoming adventure. Excitement fills my body, but so does an overwhelming feeling of anxiety.

I wonder what the island of Mennakenna will be like.

Will Josh and I actually meet the Mooreaya tribe? Is there really a mystical beast that haunts the island? Will we see it?

Whatever the answers are, I soon will learn them.

Today we are finally going to Mennakenna.

We will get the water from the legendary Cerulean Bay.

We will save my mom.

We will all live happily ever after.

I dress quickly. I throw on a swimsuit, denim shorts, a mint green striped tank and my white converse. I pack sunscreen, sunglasses, my phone and Audrey's journal into my crossbody bag.

I eat breakfast in a flash, not really paying attention to anyone or the conversations being had around me. I just want to go, but I still have a good amount of time before Josh is scheduled to pick me up.

"Want to practice meditation?" mom asks. "It might be good to clear your mind before going out on the water."

"Yeah, that's a good idea," I reply, hoping that the silence will help bring me some mental peace before the trip. I also am looking forward to actually doing something. If I have to sit around and wait for Josh to pick me up, I know I would go crazy with anticipation. Meditation will be good.

We set up our yoga mats on the pool deck and sit down.

"You know, I haven't told you this, but I think meditation has been really helpful. I've been doing it alot and it seems to be working. Especially with the water phobia," I share with my mom.

A smile forms across her face. "Oh, good. I'm happy to hear that. It's so important to relax. When life gets crazy or stressful, or just downright tough, it helps tremendously to be able to zone out and clear your mind," mom explains. I can tell that she is genuinely pleased by my proclamation. I'm happy to be getting this quiet moment with her. It's nice. Really nice.

I close my eyes and begin to clear my head. A few seconds later I see her. Audrey is in the crystal blue water, her head bobbing above the shoreline. She holds her brilliant eyes in her left hand, the unusual sight still startles me. I stand on the white sand beach and look all around. There are lush green trees that border the sandy terrain. Directly across from where I am standing is rocky land. It completely surrounds the water, except for a small opening that looks like it is passage to the sea

I realize then, that I am in a lagoon. I walk to the edge of the beach where the sand disappears and the rocks start to emerge and sit on a large stone formation near the cerulean colored water. Audrey follows from the sea. I take in the sight that is this magnificent place. It is unlike anything I have ever seen before. It is in that very moment, that it dawns on me where exactly I am.

"Is this..." I begin to ask her.

She simply nods and giggles.

"How?" I ask.

She doesn't answer me. She simply smiles.

"I know about you," I state.

"What do you know?" she counters, in a melodic sing song tone.

"I know what happened to you."

"Oh, that." She stops smiling and turns away. I wonder if I had hit a nerve, by bringing up something that she did not wish to speak about. I continue on with the subject anyway. I have questions and need answers.