Chapter 39 Annie's Secret

Alexia POV

Finally, the day has finally arrived. It was finally time to get the stupid plan to capture the Female Titan in action. I was waiting in an alley with Eren and Sebastian next to me. It was only us and Armin because we couldn't afford to bring more people. I heard that Mikasa really wanted to come with us, but Erwin decided that it was best if only a few people came along with Eren and Sebastian.

We were waiting for Armin. He was trying to convince Annie (a.k.a the Female Titan) to come with us and like that we could trick her and capture her. The plan sounded easy, but I felt like something terrible was going to happen for some reason. I waited impatiently against the wall. I was never one to wait. I hated waiting.

Just then, Armin finally showed up with Annie right behind him. I saw Annie give us a blank expression like the ones that I give everyone all the time.

"Leonhart" I said her name with a blank look on my face. I was trying so hard not to slash at her right here right now. I calm myself down.

"Susuki" Annie replied back with the same blank look on her face.

Armin immediately began to guide us to where we were supposed to go and execute the plan to capture Annie or should I say, the Female Titan. I tighten my hands into fists and glared daggers at Annie.

Just then, I felt a hand land on my shoulder. I immediately stopped glaring at Annie and turned to the person that grabbed my shoulder. I saw Sebastian giving me a look that said 'calm down'. I quickly 'tsk' before taking a deep breath and looking away.

"We got through more easily than I expected" I heard Eren say, breaking me from my train of thoughts and looking at him.

"That's the Military Police Bridge for you. It's clear they work hard day after day" He added, looking around to make sure no one was following us.

"Quit looking around, brat. It's annoying" I told Eren. I saw Eren look at me and give me a smile. I rolled my eyes and quickly looked away.

"Now we'll just have to hope they don't notice that it's Jean with a soldier from the Survey Corps in that carriage. I can't expect that to work long. Jean and I don't look anything alike. Also, Sebastian and the soldier that replace him are two whole different persons" Eren said. I sighed. I agree with Eren there. I don't know how we were going to fool the Military Police.

"Don't worry too much. Both of you have a villainous glint in your eyes and similar, evil-looking faces" Armin told Eren. I cracked a smirk on my face.

"I don't have a horse face like him" Eren replied.

"Also, the soldier was the only one close to my size" Sebastian replied.

"Yeah, the only thing we had to do was put a wig of Sebastian's messy hair color and cover his eyes with the wig as much as possible" Armin added.

"Hey, if I hadn't decided to help you, how were you planning to get over the wall?" Annie asked, breaking us from our previous conversation.

"We planned to get past using three-dimensional maneuver gear" Armin replied.

"That's so reckless" Annie replied.

"Not really. I have done worst" I said.

"It is. To begin with, running before entering Stohess District would've saved you a lot of trouble, no? Why here and now?" Annie asked, looking at us.

"I predicted the complicated terrain in this city would make the switch more likely to succeed. And rather than being openly defiant, feigning obedience would decrease suspicion and buy us more time to escape" Armin explained.