Chapter 2 Life In The Underground

Levi POV

I woke up around 7:00 am. After showering, brushing my teeth, and dressing in a new pair of clothes, I woke Alexia up so she could take a shower before heading to the kitchen to drink a cup of black tea.

10 minutes later I see Farlan enter the kitchen with Alexia right behind. She places a small kiss on my cheek before going to get herself a cup of tea to drink. Just then, I notice that Isabel was the only one missing.

"Tsk, where's Isabel?" I asked.

"Maybe she's still asleep?" Farlan replied.

"Still asleep? Alexia, go wake her up." I said.

I saw a devilish smile form on my sister's face before leaving the room to wake Isabel.

"What do you think Alexia is up to?" Farlan asked when he noticed Alexia's smile before she left.

"I don't know, but we are about to find out" I said.

Just in cue, we then heard Isabel screaming throughout the whole house. I smirked and Farlan only laughed. 10 minutes later both Alexia and Isabel enter the kitchen.

"Alexia, why did you throw a bucket of cold water on me?" Isabel asked.

"I shook you multiple times but you didn't wake up, so I thought throwing a bucket of water on you was the most efficient way to wake you up" Alexia replied.

"Stop your whining already. Get a broom and start sweeping" I ordered.

And so we basically cleaned the whole entire morning until the house was dirt free. While we cleaned, Isabel kept complaining that it was already clean but I knew it was not, so I made her do it over again.

Once the house no longer needed to be cleaned we went out and got Isabel a 3D Maneuver Gear to begin her training.

***

Although it took a while, after two weeks have gone by, Isabela finally learned how to use a 3D Maneuver Gear. She was good but not as good as Alexia.

"So Isabel, what do you think about your first job with us?" Farlan asked. We were all walking back home from a long and tiring day.

"It was super fun! Thank you! Oh, and a big thank you to you Alexia-chan for helping me with the cleaning at home" Isabel said hugging Alexia.

"Let me go!" Alexia whined trying to get herself free from Isabel's tight hug.

I rolled my eyes and continued to walk but stopped when I saw an old man standing just outside of our house staircase. Farlan and the rest also noticed him.

Isabel immediately let go of Alexia and now we all had a serious look on our faces.

"What's the deal, old man? You want something?" Isabel asked.

"I've come for a job request." the old man replied.

"Did you get the wrong house old man?" Alexia asked.

"This is not a handyman shop" Farlan added.

"I promise you a reward" the old man said. I'm not sure but something just didn't seem right about this man.

"Go home" I said continuing walking back home with the others right behind.

"Although, I've already paid the deposit" the old man addressed which made us come to a complete stop on the staircase and then turned around to face him.

"You're kidding, right? This is the first time we've seen you" Farlan said.

"That's true. But you should already know...about him" the old man said as he turned his head toward a direction. We also looked at who he was looking and the person we saw shocked us.