Chapter 11 104th Training Corps PART 3

Sebastian POV

"Oh, come on. I heard from everyone that you three are really good at it! Bertholdt! Reiner! Sebastian!" Eren asked. The boy that failed the Omni-directional mobility gear task.

He came to our cabin asking for our help. I really didn't care since it was not my problem. Bertholdt and Reiner were sitting across from Eren and another boy named Armin. I lay on my own bunk on the top. 

"Sorry, kid. But there isn't any special trick to just hanging there. Not to be harsh but if it's advice you want, I'm not the guy to be giving them" Reiner said.

"Me neither" I said with a boring look.

"All right" Eren said.

"Let's just hope it comes to you tomorrow" Armin said. Just when they were about to leave, Bertholdt stopped them.

"Hold on,  aren't the two of you originally from Shiganshina?" Bertholdt asked.

"Yeah, that's correct" Armin replied.

"Then you know first-hand how terrifying they are. Why on earth would you want to be soldiers?" Bertholdt asked. Both Eren and Armin looked at each other before looking back at him.

"I didn't see the things Eren did. He saw their bloodlust first-hand before anyone realized how bad it was. And I-I knew I couldn't sit idly by as the royal government forced the citizens into the failed territory retrieval operation" Armin explained.

"I see" Bertholdt said.

"So, where are the two of you from?" Armin asked.

"Oh, Reiner and I? We are both from a mountain village just Southeast of Wall Maria" Bertholdt replied.

"Hmm!" both Eren and Armin said.

"But then that means..." Armin began.

"Yeah. Unlike the more prosperous river towns, our village didn't receive a word right away. The Titans were on us before we even knew what was going on. It happened at dawn. All the livestock were so restless. Soon after, we heard these strange rumblings that became louder and louder. Eventually, I realized those rumblings were the sound of death getting closer. I, uh, I looked out my window and... after that, well, uh, everything is just a blur. I think we all just panicked" Bertholdt explained.

"Hey. Easy now, you're just getting yourself worked up again" Reiner said.

"Sorry. Basically, what I've been trying to say is that the four of us aren't like the rest of... them" Reiner said.

"Them? Whom?" Armin asked.

"The ones here who have never witnessed a Titan's horror" Bertholdt answered.

"Hey" Reiner said stopping Berthold from talking anymore.

"Sebastian? What about you? What's your story?" Armin asked.

"Sebastian came from the Underground District" Reiner replied.

"Really?" Armin asked.

"Yes and unlike you four, I have never seen a Titan in my life, but I have gone to hell and survive" I said with my eyes closed.

"Huh?" They all asked. They were all confused by my answer.

"What I'm trying to say is that my life can't be compared to yours. Your horrible experiences lasted one day while mine lasted years. You four should be grateful that you at least had a great childhood, unlike me. My childhood consisted of darkness and loneliness all the time and I have no memories of my family nor my past" I said opening my eyes.