Chapter 23 The Trial

Sebastian POV

‘Can someone tell me what’s going on?’ I thought

I was currently in my cell resting peacefully. Now, I’m being taken to the courtroom by the crazy woman with glasses from the underground and the other guy that has the weird habit of smelling people.  Also, two Military Police.

“I will ask only one time” I began.

‘I think her name was Hange, right?’ I thought.

“Stop touching me” I demanded, glaring at her.

“Sorry! Sorry!” she said. Immediately, taking a step back.

“It’s… It’s just that… I didn't think you were able to turn yourself into a titan! It’s… It’s just so exciting!” she yelled, squealing like a mad woman.

“Tsk, could you please not yell in my ear?” I asked.

“I’m sorry. Anyway, how are you able to turn into a Titan?” she asked.

“I don’t know and I don’t care” I replied.

Just then, I noticed that the weird guy next to me kept smelling me.

‘If I remember correctly. His name was Mike’ I thought.

“Tsk, do you mind?” I asked.

“Don’t worry about him. He has this weird habit of smelling people” Hange said.

Finally, we made it to the courtroom.

3rd POV

Alexia stood next to Mikasa and Armin. Eren was kneel down in front of them with a large metal pole behind him. The large metal pole blocked Eren from moving.

Just then, the door to the courtroom opened. Sebastian came in with two Military Police behind him. Mikasa, Armin, and Alexia watch Sebastian kneel down next to Eren and the two Military Police added the large metal pole behind him.

Alexia stood there with a poker face on. That was how she was standing on the outside, but on the inside, she was going insane. She was nervous and scared. She wanted to escape, but she couldn’t. Inches away from her stood her brother, Levi. She was also worried about Eren and Sebastian. Sebastian was like a little brother to her. Eren made her feel something that she hasn't been able to feel in years. She couldn’t resist the fear that was having her sweating in the inside. Mikasa and Armin stood with a worried face. They were not even trying to hide their feelings at all.

On the other hand, Levi was shocked and confused. He didn’t think he will see the same girl ever again. This was his third time seeing her now. It was proof that she wasn’t a ghost, but she was only another human girl. Nothing more. He was still confused. She looked a lot like her sister. The sister that he thought was dead.

Just then, both realized that the trial had started.

Alexia POV

The trial began.

“Now then, let us begin” the old man in the front said.

‘If I remember correctly from my research. His name is Darius Zackly’ I thought.

“Eren Jaeger and Sebastian, correct?” Zackly began.

“You two are soldiers that have offered your lives for mankind. Is that accurate?” he asked.

“Yes” Eren replied. Sebastian only nodded.

“This is an unprecedented case. The trial will be a special court-martial in which common law does not apply with the final decision being left entirely to me. We shall also decide whether you two live or die” Zackly explained.