Chapter 69 Coronation & New Role

Alexia POV

It was finally here. The day that Historia will become Queen. It was a big day for Historia, but she was not alone because she had all of us with her. She also had Sebastian's help. No one could believe what Sebastian told us the night that we defeated Rod's Titan. It turns out that Sebastian's mother was none other than Rod's younger sister, Layla Reiss.

FLASHBACK

"Wait. Are you serious, Sebastian?" Hange asked. Sebastian nodded.

"I am, Hange-san. My full name is Sebastian Reiss. I am Layla's son, Rod's younger sister. I inherited my mother's Titan powers at the age of 9, and almost right away, I was kidnapped and sent to the Underground" Sebastian explained.

"But why didn't you tell us this sooner?" Lizzy asked. Sebastian sighed.

"I didn't say anything because I didn't want to even think about eating Eren. So I decided to keep it a secret until now. I may have royal blood, but that doesn't mean that I wanted to inherit the Founding Titan's power too" Sebastian explained.

"We understand, Sebastian" Hange said.

"But if Sebastian has royal blood, doesn't that mean that he could inherit the throne as King instead of Historia" Sophia said.

"I can, but I won't" Sebastian said, surprising everyone that he didn't hesitate to answer.

"Eh? Why?" Hange asked. Sebastian sighed.

"I'm a Titan shifter. I'm a criminal. I just learned about who I am. I'm not ready to put the weight of being King on my shoulder" Sebastian said before walking towards Historia, standing at the side. He stopped in front of her and put his hands on her shoulder.

"Either way, I think Historia will make a way better ruler than me. But that doesn't mean that I won't help. Historia is my only and last blood family, and I want to be there for her on this journey" Sebastian explained.

"Well, that is if you want me to, Historia?" Sebastian asked, scratching the back of his head in embarrassment. Historia looked up at Sebastian and, with a smile, nodded.

"I will like that, Sebastian" Historia said. Sebastian nodded. Sebastian then let go of Historia's shoulder and turned around to look at us.

"Either way, I'm sure the citizens are already happy about Historia becoming Queen after what she did" he added. Hange nodded.

"You're a great person, Sebastian" Hange said. Sebastian nodded.

END OF FLASHBACK

That was two days, and as I said, today Historia was being crowned Queen of the Walls, while Sebastian, who somehow didn't mind, was going to be crowned Prince.

I was waiting patiently against a wall until I sensed someone approaching. I opened my eyes and saw Historia in a long beautiful gown.

"Historia, what's wrong? Don't you have duties you need to attend to?" I asked, getting off the wall and was now facing Historia.

"I'm still not Queen yet. I wanted to talk to you about something" Historia said. I nodded.

"Go on" I said.

"Do you remember my promise to you about helping the Underground kids?" Historia asked. I nodded.

"I do. What about it?" I replied.

"Well, I need you to promise me something in return" Historia said. I was now fully paying attention to what Historia had to say and waited for her to continue.

"Honestly, I was actually planning to become a Titan and eat Eren back in the cave, and it was not to help others but for my own selfish reasons" Historia admitted.