Chapter 68 Rod Reiss & Goodbye

Alexia POV

I was the first person from the group to come out of the destroyed cave, with everyone trailing behind me. I looked back at the giant hole created by Rod's Titan and sighed.

'Why do I feel like this will be a real pain in the ass' I thought to myself as I looked up and watched Rod's Titan moving away from the area.

"Eren" I heard Armin's voice say. I saw Armin helping Eren out of the giant hole on the ground while Lizzy helped Sophia. I soon walked over to Eren once he was outside the cave with everyone else. Eren turned around when he saw me approaching him.

"Huh, Alexia?" Eren asked, confused when he saw me approach him so suddenly without an explanation. But, of course, I didn't need one, so it didn't matter. Finally, the moment he was back on his feet, I punched him so hard that it sent him flying backwards. Everyone gasped and looked at me with surprise.

"Ow, what was that for, Alexia?" Eren asked, shocked while holding his bleeding nose with one hand.

"That's for being a suicidal maniac" I said before quickly going on one down in front of him and hugging him.

"And this is because I also missed you, brat" I said before standing back up and helping him. I turned around and saw everyone watching Rod's Titan.

"Is that a Titan?" Eren asked. I shrugged my shoulder. I wish I knew the answer to that question. That thing was enormous.

"Like none we've seen. It's about twice the size of the Colossal Titan. And it seems to be extremely hot. All the trees around it are catching on fire. And it's ignoring nearby humans. Us, I mean" Armin explained.

"In other words, it is abnormal because, in the end, It's not being controlled by the will of a human" Lizzy added.

"C'mon, we're all going after that Titan. The Interior Squad should be nearby, so stay on guard" Aniki ordered.

I joined Hange, Eren, Sebastian, and Historia on rode the wagon. I handed Eren a black long-sleeve shirt to change, and I watched him with my side vision slowly slide the soft material over his body. I wanted to ask him what happened in the cave so badly but decided that it would be best to ask about it later instead.

Finally, we ended up crossing pathways with Erwin and the rest of the Survey Corps, and all together, we set off for Orvud District of Wall Shina, where the Titan seemed to be heading.

Sebastian, Eren, and Historia explained to us about the Titan power that Eren had and the King's will on the ride there. It turns out that only people of the Reiss bloodline can use Eren's Titan power and that if any Reiss member does get the power, they will be controlled by the ideology of the First King and will not free humanity.

"Eh? Well, isn't that interesting. So, according to the First King, this is true peace? Now that's a weird way to look at it" Hange said, amused.

"In other words, we still have an option. If that Titan eats me, Rod Reiss will return to a human. And this means it's still possible to have a true Founding Titan" Eren said. My eyes widened. I turned to look at Eren with a glare that could kill anyone.

"Like hell, you are doing that!" I yelled, getting everyone around by surprise. I didn't care. I didn't just save this brat so he could get his ass killed.

"I didn't just save your sorry ass so you could go around and throw your life away just like that!" I yelled angrily.

"But he's right, Alexia" Aniki said.

"Aniki" I said, shocked that he would agree with this crazy plan. Aniki explained that we could capture Rod Reiss once he becomes a human. Then, later if we could undo the First King's brainwashing, we might open a path to save humanity.