Chapter 72 The Night Before The Mission

Alexia POV

I just finished a meeting with the higher-ups about the incoming expedition that would take place soon.

"The operation to retake Wall Maria starts in two days. So let all your squads know" Erwin ordered, concluding the meeting.

"On a day like that, we deserve some meat, right?" someone said as I got up from my seat to leave the room.

"Good idea. Gotta show those kids we adults can be counted on" someone else said as we all exited the room. I sighed.

I don't know why, but the idea of passing meat around the Survey Corps didn't sound like a good idea. It sounded more like a fight to the death in my ears. So I sighed and decided not to think about it and instead focus on more important stuff to think about than that, like going to Lucas for my weekly check-up on the brat growing inside of me. I walked to the infirmary and walked inside.

"Hello, Lucas. I came over for my weekly check-up" I said.

"Oh, hi, Alexia, welcome" Lucas said, standing up from his desk. He gave me a warm smile.

"If you don't mind, we should start by you sitting down on the bed" Lucas said. I nodded and sat down on the bed. He then did a few tests on my body before walking back to me with a clipboard.

"How have you been doing? Feeling any discomforts yet?" Lucas asked with the clipboard and a pencil.

"My breasts feel uncomfortable, and it's annoying" I said. He nodded.

"Yeah, that's pretty common when a woman is pregnant. It's called breast tenderness, and you're going to be suffering from that a lot" he said. I growled.

"Great. Just what I needed" I said, rubbing my face with a sigh. Lucas looked up from his clipboard.

"What's wrong, Alexia?" Lucas asked.

"It's just that... I don't even know the first thing about being a mother. I'm scared that I won't be able to do this" I said. Lucas chuckled.

"Hey, it's alright. I have known you for many years, Alexia. Trust me. You will make an excellent mother" Lucas said, with a hand on my shoulder. A small smile formed on my face.

"Thanks, Lucas" I said.

"Well, the baby's doing very well as far as I'm concerned. I'm going to give you a few books that I'm sure will help you out very much with your pregnacy" he said, grabbing two books and giving them to me.

"Well, that finishes up your check-up. See you next week" he said. I nodded, taking the books from him.

"By the way, the expedition to recapture Wall Maria will be in two days. Be ready and tell Hannah if you see her for me" I said. He nodded. I left the infirmary and began walking back to my office. I sighed. I raised the books and read the title in my head.

'A Healthy Pregnancy: What To Expect' I read.

I opened the first page, and it first started talking about what to expect in the first, second, and third trimesters of being pregnant. I sighed. Just reading the first few lines made me sick to my stomach. I looked at the other book and noticed that this one was about what I need to know to stay healthy and safe while pregnant.

'This is so annoying' I thought, sighing with annoyance.

"Alexia?" I heard someone call my name. Immediately, I turned around, and my eyes widened when I saw Eren standing behind me. I quickly hid the books behind my back before facing him fully.

"Oh, E-eren" I said nervously.

'Shit! Calm down, Alexia. If you act so nervous, then he's going to get supeious' I thought.