Chapter 34 Dead

Sebastian POV

“Fire!” Erwin shouted. 

I then watched multiple spears pierced into the female titan’s skin from head to toe. I was shocked that they managed to not only get the female titan off guard but us as well.  

“After securing the horses up ahead, switch to three-dimensional maneuver gear. I’ll act separately for a while. Eld will take charge of the squad” Levi ordered. He then faces us.

“Hide Eren and Sebastian a good distance away from that titan. I’ll leave the horses to you” He added, before leaving.

“Could they be… Capturing that Titan… Alive?” Eren asked.

“Maybe” I replied.

“Well, Eren? See that? We captured that titan!” Gunther said.

“This is the power of the Survey Corps! Don’t underestimate us, you dolt! Well? You get it now?!” Oluo asked. I saw Eren nodded with a smile on his face.

“Yes!” Eren replied. I nodded, but I don’t know why something didn’t feel right. I felt like something bad was about to happen, but what.

Lizzy POV

We were all waiting outside the forest, keeping the Titans outside so they won’t go inside.

Just then, we all heard a sound blast inside the forest. It was not long after we heard a bunch of explosions coming from the forest as well. I heard the explosions continued for a while. 

“Mikasa, what do you think is making those sounds? Could they be firing cannons inside the forest?” Sasha asked Mikasa.

‘I first thought they were cannons, but I don’t think they were carrying any cannons’ I thought. I then saw both Armin and Jean move from their previews spot when a titan had managed to get really close to where they were currently standing. 

“Armin, it sounds like something is going on inside the forest, and I have a good idea of what that might be” Jean began. We all looked at him. 

“We led that female titan here to capture it, didn’t we?” Jean asked.

“Yup” I replied. I knew something was up. 

“To be precise, it’s to capture the human inside it” I added. Jean nodded.  

“Yeah… That was Commander Erwin’s goal… It was always that all along, right?” Jean asked Armin. Armin nodded.

“But, Why did they not tell Survey Corps veterans?” Sophia asked. 

‘Damn, I didn't think she was listening’ I thought. 

“I think the Commander had a reason for keeping this from us” Armin replied.

“Like what?” Sophia asked.

“There’s only one reason to not trust your comrades. A transforming human… Or perhaps, a spy who’s working with such a person is amongst us” Alexia explained. I saw Jean nodded then turned to Armin.

“Do you really think that?” Sophia asked. Alexia nodded. I also nodded. I even saw Jean and Armin nodded. We were all positive that there might be a spy among us and that’s why Erwin didn’t tell anyone about his plan.

“That’s what Commander Erwin must be suspecting. That’s why he didn’t tell anyone about his plan, but… ” I began.

“Why?” I asked and sighed.

“I understand that if we succeed with this plan, we’ll be that much closer to the truth of this world, but even if it’s for such a cause, too many people died because he didn’t tell anyone” I explained.