Chapter 48: Unwanted Confrontation

Lexa's POV

I woke in the warm embrace of my lovely girlfriend. It's been two weeks since prom. It's currently the end of March, and all I can think about is the end of the school year. With the end of my Junior year, my senior year with start. Usually, this is a thing to celebrate, but I'm too worried about what it will bring. 

Senior year is laid back as far as classes, but it's still stressful nonetheless. Everyone is scrambling to write their letters for college while trying to enjoy what could be their last year with some of their best friends. 

For me, I'll be spending it with the girl in my arms, but I don't know what will come after we graduate. Will we go to the same college? Will we do long distance? Will we be able to do that? Will we break up?

I shake my head to clear my thoughts and feel Clarke stir beside me. I kiss her cheek to wake her up. It's currently spring break to celebrate Easter, so we don't have to wake up early. However, I like to try and keep our sleep schedules in tact, much to Clarke's dismay. 

Not to mention, she has a gallery coming up. Dante and his patrons really took a liking to her work, and she was asked to provide more works. They've all been chosen and sent to the location, but she still has to prepare herself. 

"Why are you waking me up," she grunts in a sad tone without moving her face. 

I chuckle lightly at her sadness while saying, "You need to get ready for this week."

"Already?" she whines. 

"Yes ai hodnes," I say. I decide to use trig -my secret language- to add emphasis. 

"I hate you. y'know that right?" she groans before making her first moves to get up. 

Usually, such a statement would cause me to panic, but this has become a daily occurrence. I wake Clarke up, she whines and complains about, she tells me she hates me, gets ready for her day, and then she'll come back and apologize to me for being so grumpy. I've just come to understand that Clarke Griffin most definitely IS NOT a morning person.

While she gets ready, I decide to go downstairs and bring food up. We all tend to eat in our rooms unless Anya and Carter are home which is very rare. When I get downstairs, I see a note on the table. 

it read, "Dear girls. Carter and I will be gone all day, and we need someone to restock the food. When one of you has the chance, please run to the store to pick up some groceries. The list is attached to the note. Have a good day! and don't get to crazy... LUNA!

Love, mom and dad"

I snickered at the note before checking the list. It was medium sized, and it wouldn't be too difficult for me to get the items on it. I grab food and the list and go back to my room. Clarke is sitting on the bed with a book in her hands when she notices me enter. 

"Hey babe. Sorry for being a bitch," she kisses me when I'm close enough. 

I chuckle before saying, "Baby, you do this every morning. I know you don't mean it. You're just not a morning person."

She just smiles and me and doesn't say anything. I hand her a plate of food which she immediately digs into. "Anya and Carter want us to go to the store. Well, not us specifically, but one of us," I say while gesturing in the general direction of Luna's room, "you wanna come with me?" 

"Hmmm. Sounds boring," she says.

"You'd make me go alone?" I pout. 

Like clockwork, she leans over to place a kiss on my lip before answering, "If you really want me to, I'll go."