Chapter 31: Formalities

Raven's POV

"Baby, it's fine. They'll love you," Luna attempts to reassure me over the phone.

"Babe! This is your parents we're talking about! They're literally famous millionaires. I'm just a random girl their daughter loves," I remind her.

"Exactly. I love you, so they'll love you," Luna explains. 

"Okay, okay. Should I wear anything special?" I ask. I have to admit I'm losing my shit. I'm meeting the Woods parents. Well, I've seen them before, but I don't know them. 

"Just go for casual," she announces. 

"Okay. Love you babe. See you in a few hours," I say as I hang up.

"Octavia!" I yell from my room at her house. 

"What Rae?" Octavia asks.

"I'm meeting Luna's parents, and I need fashion help," I explain.

"That's what I'm here for," Octavia smiles brightly. "Casual, formal, somewhere in between? What's the dress code?" Octavia asks.

"Casual," I answer. 

"Wow, you sound like a nervous wreck," Octavia chuckles.

"Thanks O," I say sarcastically.

"Won't Clarke be there?" Octavia asks curiously.

"No she's still on bed rest. Why?" I ask.

"I just figured she would be since she lives there. Plus, then if something goes wrong you can just look to her to say something nice or something," Octavia explains.

"That's actually genius. Fucking Abby and her ruining all my plans," I groan. Of course Abby decided to get Clarke on bed rest when I need her most. 

"Hmm?" Octavia hums in confusion.

"Of all the times they decide to fight about this shit, they chose right before I actually need her to by wing woman," I explain.

"Oh," Octavia sighs. She continues rummaging through her closet while I pace around the room. "Reyes!" Octavia shouts suddenly.

"Christ O! Are you trying to give me a heart attack?" I exclaim

"No, but your pacing is going to burn a hole in the floor!" she complains.

I roll my eyes but stop pacing around. "Aha!" she shouts. I turn around to see her holding I nice pair of jeans with a few rips -below the knee of course- as well as a nice looking t-shirt. She scrambles around and finds a nice leather jacket and throws that at me as well. "this should do," she explains. 

I quickly get dressed, not caring that Octavia is still in the room with me. "Damn, I'm hot," I remark with a smirk when I look in the mirror. 

Octavia rolled her eyes and said, "Yeah, thanks to my fashion sense."

"Something like that," I shrug before walking downstairs with Octavia. I was about to sit down when the doorbell rang. "Shit," I mumble before walking over to the door. 

"Hey baby," Luna coos when I open the door.

"Hey babe," I smile nervously. 

"God you're a nervous wreck," Luna remarks. 

"Fuck you. It's that obvious?" I ask.

"It is, but it's just because I know you well. C'mon, let's go," she responds. I wordlessly follow her to her car. The hold drive is just her constantly reassuring me that everything will be fine. 

Better TogetherOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara