Chapter 45: A Day in The Life

Lexa's POV

It's been 2 weeks since Valentines Day, and today is the last day of February. Sadly, that means I have to get up for school. I open my eyes and see two blue eyes staring back into mine.

"Well you're up early," I state in a sleepy voice. 

"No, you're just up late," she says. 

I spring up from the bed. "What?" I exclaim. 

"I'm just kidding baby. We have plenty of time to get ready," Clarke chuckles.

"That wasn't nice," I pout. 

She kissed my lip and said with a smirk, "but it got you up didn't it?"

"Touche," I say. 

We sit on the bed for a while before Clarke looks at me with a mischievous smirk. "Let's shower," she says more than asks. 

Ever since Valentines Day, we shower together a lot, so this isn't a strange request. Plus, I like that she feels comfortable enough with me to do this. She walks over to the bathroom, and I follow her. 

After our shower, we get ready for the day. We brush our teeth together and brush each other's hair. When we're done, we go back to my room and Clarke plops down on the bed with a loud sigh. She buries her face in the pillow and grunts.

"Hmm?" I hum in question. 

"What?" she asks. 

"You seem upset," I say while laying down next to her and stroking her back. 

"I just want this year to be over so we can spend summer together," she says and wraps her arms around me. God she's adorable when she's grumpy. 

"The school year will end soon enough my love," I tell her.  

"Yeah, but when it ends then we go back for senior year where we have to apply to college," She lifts her head up to look at me, and her eyes widen in realization. "What if we don't get into the same college," she barely whispers. 

"We'll cross the bridge when we get there," I tell her, but truthfully, I've been worrying about that a lot.

"Yeah, I don't want to think about losing you yet," she sighs sadly. 

"Hey, even if we're not at the same school, you won't lose me," I tell her while grabbing her face to look at me. We've always been able to read each other easily, and I want her to see that I'm being sincere. 

"Don't make promises you can't keep," she grunts.

I nod and kiss her forehead. Truth is, she's right. We can never know if we'll make it. I like to think we will because this girl is the love of my life, and I know I want to marry her someday. The truth is, college breaks people apart, and I can't be sure we won't become part of that statistic. I'd like to believe we won't, but I really don't know for certain. 

"C'mon babe, we gotta get to school," I tell her. 

She grunts but gets up. We walk downstairs and meet Luna and Raven by the door. "Ready?" Luna asks, and we nod. We've started taking one car to school again because now we all have our own cars. Yes, you heard me right. Clarke started going to work again around Valentines Day, and she was able to buy a decent car. Raven, on the other hand, was gifted it by Luna, well technically Anya and Carter. Raven refused for days until they finally came up with a plan that after college when Raven has a job she can work on paying them back no matter how long it takes. 

The ride to school was nice and pretty easy. Surprisingly, I wasn't freaked out, but that's probably because Clarke was holding my hand. There was light music playing from the radio, and everyone was making small talk.