Chapter 1: The Move

Lexa's POV

'I hate it here' is all I can think when I walk into my new house. I've been in and out of more homes than I can count. It's been a hard few years, but stuff is looking up now. I got adopted by a rich family who seems to care, but I can never be to sure. They've been trying to get me to talk to them for the past few hours, but I just want to be alone. I'm not sure how (or if) I'm gonna survive this.

Clarke's POV

"Hey O, check this out!" I yell from my living room.

"What do you want? I was eating," she grumbled at my interruption.

"Mr. Kane just emailed me. There's a new student coming to the school! Apparently her name is Lexa Woods."

"ooo! She's in the Woods family? Why wasn't she at school before?" O asked me.

"Aren't they loaded?" Raven added.

"Raven!" O and I yelled at the same time.

"What? I'm just saying," she mumbled before walking back to the fridge to look for food.

"so Clarke...." Raven drawled from the kitchen.

"Don't even start with me Reyes! Just because I'm bi, doesn't mean I want to date every new student, and don't even get me started on your thing for Luna Woods!"

At that Raven went back to the fridge and blushed slightly. I stared at Mr. Kane's email for a while. 'Lexa Woods huh?'  I thought to myself. I Immediately went to social media and started searching. After a few minutes of searching, I found nothing. Which is crazy because if she's a Woods, there's no way she'd be able to stay out of the spotlight. They're crazy famous.

Lexa's POV

"Alright sweety, I'm Anya, and this is my husband Carter. We're the Woods! We have a daughter your age upstairs who can show you around. We have a son too, but he's at a friend's house, " she paused for a moment before walking to the stairs to yell, "LUNA!"

 After a while,  I hear loud footsteps running down the stairs and towards me. Before I can say anything, she starts inspecting me. I thought it was insanely weird, but I didn't want to be rude. I mean, these people did just let me into their lives. After a little while, she looks at my arms, and she lets out a little squeak. 

"Oh you and I are gonna get along really well!"

"hmm?" I hum in question. I still didn't want to talk to anyone, but I was genuinely confused. Plus, something about this girl screamed, 'you can trust me'.

Without a seconds hesitation she lifted her sleeves up and revealed strong, muscular arms that were surprisingly similar to mine. She waited a second to let it sink in, and then she grabbed my arm and yanked me into a room. I was thoroughly confused until I looked around and saw a huge gym. There had to have been thousands of dollars worth of gym equipment in there. I couldn't help but let out a little squeal. For the longest time, I used exercising as a way to escape reality, but it also became one of my favorite hobbies. It was nice to know someone so similar, and it helped that they had an in home gym.

After a few seconds of taking in the gym, she grabbed my stuff off my shoulders and grabbed my arm, again. Most of my stuff could fit in a small bag. When you're a foster kid, you get used to having few possessions. All I had were some clothes, toiletries, and a couple things I refused to leave behind like family photos and sentimental items.

"This is your room. Mine is across the hall, and my brother, Aden's, room is down the hall. I'll leave you be because I'm sure this is all a lot to take in, but if you need anything, you know where to find me," she told me politely. I nodded to her to let her know I heard everything and then she left.

I looked around the room that didn't feel right. It was huge. It had to be bigger than all the rooms I've had before combined. It had a neutral gray wall, a desk, a large bed, and some small accessories to make it feel more homey. I plopped myself down on the bed and heard a light knock on the door.

"Come in," I whispered politely.

I looked up to see Anya. "Hey sweety. I just wanted you to know that today's Sunday, so I signed you up for school. I don't want you to miss out on academics too much," she said sweetly. Her voice was rather soothing. I assumed she was gonna be snobby, and if I'm being completely honest, I thought they only wanted me so I could work as a maid.

"Thanks. Uh, what's the school called?" I ask. Mostly because I was scared it was a private school. I don't know if I could handle that many rich people in one place.

"Polis High," she stated simply.

"Oh. Not to sound rude, but why not a private school?" I ask. It sounded kind of weird to ask, but I was genuinely curious.

"We tried private school, but none of the kids really got along with Luna and Aden, so they asked to go to public school."

"That was nice of you," I reply with a slight smile.

She smiled back and continued, "I don't want to keep you too long. I know being in a new environment is weird. I just wanted you to know what's going on."

She started walking out the door, but I stopped her. "Thanks," I said softly. She nodded in acknowledgement and then she shut the door. 

After a few moments of just enjoying the silence, I allowed myself to drift into sleep. After all, it has been a long day.

Clarke's POV

"What do you think the story about this new Woods kid is?" Octavia asks us when Raven comes back.

"They probably wanted to keep one of their kids in private school for looks and eventually caved into letting her join her siblings at Polis," Raven answered.

"It can't be," I respond.

"What do you mean?" O and Raven ask at the same time.

"I googled her, searched Instagram, Twitter, all the social medias, and a 'Lexa Woods' doesn't exist. At least not one who's from the Woods family we know."

"Awww, Clarke googled her!" Octavia said playfully.

"Shut up. I was curious," I grumble defensively.

"Can't you just message Mr. Kane? Isn't he getting in your mom's pants or something?" Raven asks.

"ugh! Don't remind me," I groan. "Fine. I'll message him, but if I get in trouble, I'm blaming you."

"Fine by me. I just want answers," Raven says. Her and Octavia put their heads on my shoulder so they can read what I say.

I text him since this isn't really a formal question. Yes it's school related, but I only email him if it's about school work. I type a long winded text about wanting to know about the new girl to which he responds, 'It's Sunday night. Can't you just wait to meet her tomorrow?' At that, I roll my eyes and turn my phone off.

"Hey! We didn't get answers!" Octavia exclaims.

"He has a point. We can just befriend her tomorrow and talk to her." I said. They both groaned and them dropped it. "Now leave my house so I can sleep!" I yell at them playfully.

"Aww Clarke's excited to meet the new girl!" Raven jokes.

I blush a little and death stare her. "Reyes if you don't shut up-" 

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, I get it. I'll get out of your house now." she grumbled and rolled her eyes, but didn't put up a fight.

I ran upstairs and forced myself to sleep. I couldn't wait for tomorrow. Raven had a point. I can't wait to meet this mysterious 'Lexa Woods'

A/N: Sorry if this is a little long, but as a reader and a writer, I love reading the long stories. The first few chapters of this story are gonna be written basically back to back, but don't expect that from all chapters. Also, this story is meant to be a slow burn and have a lot of chapters, so if that's not your style, continue reading at your own risk. You've been warned.

P.S. Hello, future author here. If you're just starting to read this, please bare with me. The first few chapters are boring... like really fucking boring, but I promise it does ACTUALLY get entertaining. Give it a chance :)