Chapter 4: Date Night

It was 4:00 pm so I have three hours to get ready. I decided to go to the in home gym and work out for a while. I usually only work when I'm stressed, but it also helps me think. The whole time all I could think about was Clarke Griffin. Her ocean blue eyes, her shiny blonde hair, her art work. Everything about her was... amazing. 

I worked out for 2 hours and then decided to shower and get ready to go out with Costia. It felt weird going on a date with Costia while I was feeling all these things for Clarke, but there was no way she felt the same. Plus, if the Woods don't want me, it won't as a bad to leave Costia behind. I know it's wrong because I don't actually like her, but where's the harm in trying new things.

I showered and then got ready. I was quite sure whether I Should dress formal or casual, but either way I definitely didn't have the right kind of clothes for a date, so I went to Luna's room and knocked.

"come in!" she yelled back.

I walked in and it seemed like she realized what I was there for, but I explained anyways. "Uhh, I was getting ready and then I realized I don't have anything to wear. I know we're not really close, but could I borrow something?"

she laughed a little, probably at my lack of being prepared, and then replied, "of course. Go ahead and look in my closet. do you need casual or formal?"

"I actually don't know. She didn't tell me."

"Here, I'll text her."

"You have Costia's number?"

"I told you she's the hottest girl at school. Of course I have her number."

That makes a lot of sense. Of course Luna would have her number. I hear them talking on the phone, and Luna mouths, "casual" to me. After that, she hangs up. 

"alright, so, do you still need clothes?" Luna asked me after a while.

"uhh, I'll probably just wear my usual stuff. Thanks though." I reply and go back to my room. She was being really nice to me. Not that I don't appreciate it! It's just not normal. I'm some random kid who got invited into her life, and she's treating me like I've been here forever. It's... new.

I get back into my room and realize I only have 30 minutes until seven. I quickly throw on my usual stuff. A black, baggy t-shirt and loose, gray cargo pants. I go to the bathroom and check my hair. It was still wet so I decided to blow dry it. Usually I didn't really care about my hair, but I had to look presentable. I checked my phone, and I have 10 minutes until Costia's here, so I just scroll through social media until I hear a ring on the doorbell.

I walk downstairs and see Costia. She looks breathtaking. Even in normal, casual clothes. She's wearing a crop top and jeans. She smiled at me and said, "you ready to go?"

"yeah," I respond simply. I wanted to seem more intriguing, but I didn't know what else to say. I follow her out to her car. Her family must be loaded too because she had an audi r8. My jaw dropped, but I fixed myself before she noticed. I was playing the role of a rich kid. I got to make it seem like I grew up rich if I don't want her to catch on.

I got in the front seat and Costia started driving. I'm not sure when it happened, but somehow our hands got intertwined. Her right hand in my left obviously because she was still driving. It didn't feel bad necessarily, I just didn't expect it. I just let it go and went with it. Eventually we pulled up to a nice looking restaurant. It look all my willpower not to marvel at the building. I had brought my wallet intending to pay, or at least try, but there's no way I could afford this place.

"Costia, table for two please," Costia told the woman at the front of the restaurant.

"ah, yes, follow me," the woman said with a smile on her face.