Chapter 44: Progress

A/N: Hey readers! Sorry about now posting the past few days, I've been having really bad writers block. This chapter is literally just fluff BUT it's kinda important as far as Clexa go as a couple. Anyway, enjoy the fluffy update :)

Clarke's POV

It's been a whole month since Lexa and I exchanged our gifts with each other. We ended up going to the Superbowl together last week which was surprisingly fun. However, tomorrow is Valentines day, and I have no clue what I'm going to do for her. I want to do something special and romantic, but what if she expects more?

I don't think she'd want more... I mean... she's never really hinted at that. I admire and appreciate her patience, but there's no way she hasn't at least thought of more. Hell, even I have. This is different though because I don't think I'm scared anymore. 

"Hey my love. Whatcha thinking about?" Lexa asks. 

"Us," I answer honestly.

"Wanna share?" she asks, but there's no pressure behind the words.

"Not really," I say.

"That's okay," she says.

I beam at her and warp her in my arms. We've been lounging around in the pool house for a while. I like watching the water, even if I'm not in it. Lexa's been getting in and out of the water, but I decided to just sit outside the water with my clothes on. 

She smiles and buries her face in the crook of my neck. I smile and kiss her hair because it's the only thing I can reach. It's day like these that make me realize how great Lexa is. I mean, I always knew she was great, but in this moment, it really shows. We're both happy with the simple hug, or cuddle. In other words, I'm glad our relationship relies on each other's happiness and not sex. 

"Do you wanna get in the water?" Lexa asks.

"I've got my clothes on baby," I tell her with a light chuckle.

"So?" she asks with a smirk. 

"Lexa," I say in a warning tone. 

"What?" she whines, "it's hot out here anyway."

She has a point, it's hot out. To be honest, the only reason I wasn't in the water is because I hate wearing swim suits. Well, I hate wearing them because they show off my body. It's not that I don't like my body, I mean, I kinda have to because I'm stuck with it forever, I just don't feel confident in it. Does that make sense? I doubt it. 

"Fine. I'll get in the water," I say. I try to sound confident in my answer, but it's obvious I'm tentative. 

"If you don't want to you really don't have to baby," Lexa says.

"No, I have to do this. It's just you and me anyway," I explain. She smiles and kisses my cheek. 

"Don't be afraid, Clarke," she says while she walks to the water and waits for me.

I smile at her and take a deep breath. I remove my shirt and, I'm left in my bra and shorts. I was going to remove my shorts, but they're short anyway. I walk over to her and sit next to her with my feet in the water. She looks up and my and puts her arm around my lower back. I lean into the touch and put my head on her shoulder. 

"It's not so bad," I admit. 

"See," she smiles.

A few moments later, she gives me a mischievous smirk. "Lexa," I say in a warning tone.

"you're no fun," she pouts. I kiss her lip and make my way into the water. I shiver at first, but eventually I acclimate. Lexa follows me into the water and wraps her arms around me from behind. I lean back into her and she places a chaste kiss on my shoulder. I shudder again, and she rests her chin on my shoulder. "You're beautiful," she whispers into my ear.