Chapter 20: It's a date?

1 Week Later

Clarke's POV

"Hurry up Clarkieeeee! We're gonna be late to see your girlfriend!" Octavia teased.

"She's not my girlfriend," I huff. When we had initially had the talk about our relationship, we agreed to just be friends, and I'm okay with that. We both have too much going on to be in a relationship, let alone with each other. 

"Whatever. You get the point. Are you excited to watch her play?" Raven asks.

"I've seen her play before just not during an actual game," I reply.

"So you've been to her practices?" Octavia asks with a smirk.

"Yes, but I just sketch if I go," I say innocently. Technically, that's not a lie. I just left out the fact that I draw her.

"What do you draw? The trees?" Raven teases.

"Yes, actually," I lie. 

"Mmhmmm," Raven hums, obviously not believing me.

"Now let's go!" Octavia squeals. 

"Excited to see your boyfriend play?" I ask teasingly.

she nodded her head to which I huffed. I was hoping she'd deny it. "At least I can admit it," Octavia shrugged with a smile while playfully pushing me.

"Rude," I scoffed playfully.

With that, we left my house and made our way to the football field. Today was Friday night, and it was the last football game of the season. It would also be the first football game I went to.  Not that I never wanted to see her play a game, but I usually saw her at practice, and I felt like I'd be over stepping our "not a thing" agreement if I showed up. The only reason she's going this time is to support her friends. Lincoln as well as Lexa because both are good players on the team. 

When we finally made it to the football field, we were greeted by Lincoln and Lexa. Lincoln walked up to Octavia and kissed her check while Lexa walked over to me. For a second Octavia and Raven looked like they were expecting something mischievous to happen, but I knew better. She whispered in my ear jokingly, "I'm glad you showed up." before she pulled away she brushed her lips against my ear. 

Of course she knew what this would do to me. "Tease" I huffed under my breath. 

"What was that?" Lexa asked with that stupid smirk on her face. Ugh! I can't decide if I hate it or love it...Okay, I definitely love it. 

"I said, you're a tease," I grumbled loud enough for her to hear while hoping no one else did, but I could tell by their laughs that Octavia and Raven did in fact hear. 

"You know it," she shoved me lightly.

I was gonna say something, but then Lincoln announced, "we gotta go. We're up against Azgeda high, and we all know they're almost as good as us."

"almost," Lexa repeats smirking with arrogance.

"Arrogance is not a good look on you," I rolled my eyes jokingly. Deep down, I knew I loved her occasionally arrogance, but I wanted to mess with her. 

she winked at me, and then ran back to the lockers with Lincoln in toe (Dirty minded children, they're changing into their jerseys and what not. Tsk). 

"So much for 'I don't want a relationship'" Raven joked.

"We don't we're just friends," I said. Which was true, we're both just flirty with each other because that's our nature. It seems weird because we haven't known each other long, and the incident is still fresh in my mind. I shiver remembering it, but I quickly shake the memory.