Chapter 42: Mine Again

Clarke's POV

"O, it's been two whole days. What if I really ruined us?" I panic. It's been three days since I told Lexa I was ready again. Of course, I expected her to need time, and I'm willing to give it to her. However, as time goes on, it seems more and more like I ruined whatever we had.

"That girl is head over heels for you. There's no way she's not going to get back with you. It just takes patience. Now come on! We have to get ready," Octavia assures me. 

"Yeah, you're right," I tell her while we make our way to her room. "so what are we wearing?" I ask when we get there. 

"Funny you ask because I already have our outfits picked out," she says while throwing some clothes at me. Somehow, I manage to catch them, and I look at what they are. It appears to be a simple black top that's fairly skin-tight as well as a fairly short white skirt. "What do you think?" she asks after I look it over.

"Perfect," I state simply while changing. 

"Good, now, for what I'm wearing," she smirks and pulls out a purple and black flannel and black skinny jeans. She puts them on and holds her hands out as if to say 'tadaaaa'. 

"Stunning," I smile. 

"Alright, now, hair?" she questions. 

"Hmmm, I'm thinking we pull back the hair from my forehead and put it in a ponytail, and leave the rest be," I reply. (A/N: I think there's a name for this, but I have no clue what it is. If you want reference, it's basically Clarke's hair in most of season 1).

"Good choice Griff," she tells me while patting the bed for me to sit down. 

"You know I can do my own hair. Just not braids," I inform her with an eye roll.

"You can do it, but I do it better," she smirks. 

"Truth," I state which gets a snicker from Octavia. 

A few minutes later I feel her hands detach from my hair, and she says, "Done."

"Lovely," I smile. "What are you gonna do with yours?" I ask.

"I think I'm gonna leave mine down," she states. 

"Are you excited for the party?" Octavia asks.

"Somewhat. I'm excited for a new year though," I respond.

"Touche," she agrees. 

"Now we wait for people to show up," I huff. Waiting for people to show up is always boring.

"Bell said most people are already here," Octavia shrugs.

"And you didn't think to tell me that," I ask. She just shrugs. "Well let's go then!" I exclaim because if people are here, it's common sense to join the party. She laughs, and we make our way to the main floor. 

When we make it down the stairs, I see Raven and Luna in the kitchen, Bellamy and Lincoln in the dinning room, Monty and Jasper are on the couch doing God knows what, and Murphy in a chair watching TV. The only person missing is Lexa, of course. 

"Clarkie!" Raven slurs. It's obvious she's already had a bit to drink. 

"Since this one can't take a couple drink, Lexa told us to tell you to meet her on the roof when you finally showed your face," Luna explains. 

"You're sure she's not going to kick me off of it?" I ask with a nervous chuckle. Honestly, I wouldn't blame her if she did. I kinda deserve it to be fair. 

Luna just laughs and says, "Definitely not." I smile and nod before making my way to the roof. The Blake's roof is pretty flat so it's not difficult to get onto it. I climb the ladder that leads to the roof and see Lexa sitting in one of the chairs up there.