Chapter 25: Reality

3 Weeks Later

Lexa's POV

The bell rang signaling the beginning of Thanksgiving Break. School's been pretty boring this month. We had midterms earlier, and Clarke and I both passed with flying colors. Not that I expected any less from her, but I did surprise myself. Outside of school, Clarke and I have been spending a lot of time together. Some days we just do our homework together. Yes, we actually study, and other days we go on dates or just hang out at her house. She's been working a lot recently as well, and I'm really proud of her. She's been busting her ass to make enough money for a car. I actually envy her for it. Her whole life nothing came to her, much like myself. Though, now, I supposed I can't relate anymore. Anya and Carter have been shoving me gifts left, right, and center. It's slightly annoying, but I know they mean well. 

Once I'm out of the school building, I make my way to my truck and see a familiar blonde leaning on it waiting for me. This has become our normal routine. Usually we walk to the car together as well, but it took me a while to get my stuff. "Hey," I breathe. Even though we've been dating for almost a month, she still has the ability to make me nervous and breathless just being in my presence. 

"Hey," she smiles and kisses my cheek making me blush. That's another thing she can still do to me. She STILL makes me blush. I assumed it would go away once we were official or whatever, but now I'm starting to think it's never going away which would be extremely annoying. 

I opened the passenger side door, and she pouts. "What?" I ask.

"You STILL won't let me drive," she huffs.

I laugh and kiss her forehead before speaking, "Maybe another day."

"That's what you said last time," she rolls her eyes and gets in the truck.

"I know ai hodnes," I respond with a smirk.

she grunts before asking desperately, "When are you going to tell me what that means? For all I know, you could be calling me an ugly, fat cow."

I laugh at her exclamation before saying, "I promise you it's nothing bad."

"Fine. I believe you," she smiles.

"Where to?" I ask once I'm in the car.

"I have work. So, to the diner!" she explains.

I grumble and start driving. "When do you need me to pick you up?" I ask while driving. 

"I'm closing tonight," she sighs. 

"Again?" I groan.

"I know, but it pays good, and I'm so close to being able to get a car!" she exclaims, and I can tell she's excited.

"I'm proud of you," I say while placing a kiss on her hand which elicits a giggle from the blonde.

"Keep your eyes on the road silly!" she exclaims, but I can her the affection in her tone. 

The rest of the drive is filled with small talk and the occasionally song. When I pulled into a parking space, I must've been pouting because before I knew it Clarke was leaning over the console and placing a kiss on my lips. Of course, I smiled and kissed her back. "Cya later," she smiles and winks before grabbing her bag of work clothes and walking into the diner. 

Great, now I gotta figure out what to do for the next 7 hours. 

Clarke's POV

I hate going to work on days when I could be with Lexa. As much as I need the money, I always feel bad for leaving her alone because I know she has nothing better to do. "Ayye! Griffin. My favorite employee," A familiar voice sounds behind me.