Chapter 10: Salt in the Wound

After about 10 minutes of just sitting at my desk going through my phone, there was a light knock on the door, and I saw that it was Luna. She gestured for me to walk into the hallway with her. I glanced back at Clarke, who was still fast asleep, and decided that if I was in the hallway, I'd hear her wake up.

"What's up?" I asked.

"What's up?" Luna whisper yelled, "you keep going to see CLARKE with MY car, and now you suddenly come back with her and bring her to YOUR room!"

"I know how it looks, but it's not like that. She's my friend!"

Luna scoffed, "Yeah a friend whose pants you wanna get in."

"Don't talk about her like that!" At this point I was yelling. I really didn't want to, but considering what happened today, hearing Luna say that really set me off. Luna just stared at me. She's never heard me yell at her. At least, not with serious anger. I quickly checked myself and started whispering again, "She's been through a lot today. I'm just trying to help her. AND even if I did like her, it wouldn't all be about 'getting in her pants.' She's a good person. She deserves better than that."

"Wow, you've got it bad," was all Luna had to say. I playfully nudged her and went back into my room. I was still mad at her, but in hindsight, she didn't know what happened today, and I'm sur that if she did, she wouldn't have said that.

When I opened the door to my room, I saw Clarke balled up on my bed, and I could hear her quietly crying. I quickly ran to her and sat next to her. She looked up at me with pitiful eyes and I gave her a weak smile. She replied with a smile, but I could tell there was pain behind it. I put a pillow on my lap and put her head on the pillow, so I could stroke her hair.

"Sorry for causing so much trouble," she mumbled.

I cupped her cheeks so she would look at me and told her, "You're not trouble."

She smiled softly and just laid in my lap. If I was being honest, it was the greatest feeling in the world. "I gotta ask though, why me?" I asked plainly. I knew it was awkward timing, but part of me thought it was because she was feeling the same feelings I was but the other part knew she just needed comfort from someone she trusted and that it didn't mean anything.

"Raven and Octavia can't keep a secret for the life of them, Bellamy would try to hard to convince me everything was okay, Jasper and Monty would've provided zero comfort, and I'm not really close with Lincoln. Plus, I knew you've been through some... struggles... and that to some extent, you'd know what to do," she told me, and at the end she smiled at me.

I was about to say something, but my phone started buzzing. "Shit," I said once I read the name. Costia

"What?" Clarke asked curiously.

"Costia," I said before answering the phone.

"Hey babe," I said, obviously cringing at the name. On our most recent date, Costia suggested we use pet names, and I just went with it, stupidly.

"Hey babe. Can I come over?"

"Shit," I mumbled, only loud enough that Clarke could hear me, and she giggled. Ugh, I could drown in that sound. Not now Lexa! "Ya' know, now isn't really a good time-"

"Oh come on babe. I know you've been dying to get a taste of me."

I actually gagged a little at that. Clarke was close enough that she could hear what Costia was saying, and she cringed obviously, but then started struggling to hide her laughter. Even under such weird circumstances, it was nice to see and hear her laughing.

"Yeah... Like I said, now isn't a good time."

"But Babeeeeee."

"I'm sorry Love, not today."