Chapter 2: First day of School-Part 1

Lexa's POV

I wake up to a knock on my door. "yeah?" I ask in a sleepy voice.

"It's time to get up for school. My dad made breakfast." It was an unfamiliar voice and I look up to see a boy, probably Aden. 

From down the hallway I hear a loud yell, "I call dibs on the bathroom!"

"No fair!" Aden yelled from my room, "I was waking Lexa!"

Hearing my name come out of his mouth was unusual. "I'm Aden by the way," he said to me before turning around and running to the kitchen. I grumbled and rolled out of bed. I went to my bag and grabbed a baggy t-shirt and some loose fitting jeans, changed, and then I ran downstairs.

When I got down I surprised to see a seat open for me at the table. Aden waved me over after he noticed me. I walked over and saw that there was food set up for me. "We saved ya a spot." Luna said from beside me.

"thanks." I say plainly.

"So, I saw your schedule. We have 1st, 3rd, and 6th period together." Luna said once I sat down.

"What about Aden?" I ask.

Luna and Aden laughed and I felt myself blush a little in embarrassment. "Aden's a Sophomore. He's a year behind us. Plus he's not the smartest cookie," Luna joked.

"hey!" Aden exclaimed, "I'm smarter than most."

"Sure bud," Luna laughed. After a few moments so did Aden and eventually even I did. Something about sibling the banter made me feel welcome. It made me feel normal and like I belonged. Something I haven't felt... ever.

Clarke's POV

I was awoken from my dreams by a loud blaring next to my head. I groaned and smacked around blindly, trying to find my alarm to turn it off. Eventually I hit it and rolled off my bed dramatically. I walked over to my bathroom and started getting ready. I fixed my messy blonde hair. I was going to put it up, but I want braids and that's O's thing. 'I'll just ask her to do it for me when I get to school' I thought to myself. I brushed my teeth and got dressed. 

After some thinking, I decided to grab an apple and put it in my bag to eat later. My first class is with Mr. Kane and he's pretty lenient with me because he's dating my mom. I was about to talk to call Raven and O to pick me up, but I heard a knock on the front door. "bye mom, Love ya! My ride's here!" I shout lazily over my shoulder.

"Well, someone's excited." O teased me.

"shut up. Oh! O, Can you braid my hair when we get to school," I ask. She smiled at me knowingly and then nodded in agreement.

"oo, someone's trying to look good for a special someone," Raven joked.

"You guys are insufferable," I grumble. 

Raven and O both nudged me with their shoulders. "you know it," O said playfully.

"just drive," I say while rolling my eyes.

Lexa's POV

It took a while but eventually it was my turn in the bathroom. Aden tried to let me go before him, but I told him he'd probably take longer than me. He shrugged defeated and did his stuff. I walked in and looked in the mirror. I looked atrocious. I brushed out my hair and brushed my teeth. After that, I looked a little more presentable. My usually wild, brunette hair  was somewhat tamed. It was almost like it knew I need to look presentable. After that I walk out the bathroom and see Luna getting her backpack ready.

"you're wearing that to school?" Luna asked looking at my clothes.

"I don't really have anything else," I mumble.