Chapter 23: Charmer

I quickly got in my new truck and started adjusting the settings. While doing that, I decided to send Clarke a text.

Stalker:

Is now okay to come over

Clarkie:

Sure. See you soon. 

I made sure the steering wheel was right, and that I could reach the pedals before speeding off to Clarke's house. Well, I wasn't REALLY speeding, but I was going as fast as I could legally. It didn't take me long to get there. When I arrived, I saw she was already waiting on her front porch, and I saw her jaw drop when she realized it was me.

She started walking to my side of the car and asked, "So, this is gift number one I assume?"

"Yeah," I smiled. 

"It's hot," she said simply.

"Really, that's all you have to say?" I joke. 

"What? Am I wrong?" she asks innocently. I just shrug and she asks again, "So, what's gift number two?"

"Well, I'm officially a Woods," I said, and I saw her face light up. She beamed at me, and I couldn't help but smile.

"Congratulations! I was wondering when they'd make it official," Clarke stated while still smiling. 

"Why are you smiling like they just put the stars in the sky just for you?" I ask, giggling.

"because they did," she smiled even brighter now. I didn't even know that was possible. I cocked my head to the side to tell her I didn't understand, and she continued, "If they officially adopted you, that means you're not going anywhere." She kissed my cheek, and I swear I turned as red as a tomato. She was scared I'd leave? I mean, it was possible, but I'd put up one hell of a fight. 

"You were scared I'd leave," I gave her a shit eating grin. 

"Asshole, of course I was," she lightly punched my arm and smiled. That's when I couldn't help it anymore, and I leaned in and gave her a kiss. We stayed like that for a few moments before she smiled, and we had to pull apart to breathe.

"While you're here, we should talk about something," she said, and I would've been worried if it wasn't for the smile on her face. "My mom's at work so she won't eavesdrop," she added. I nodded and followed her into her house. She sat on the couch, and I followed suit. 

"So..." I drawled.

"We need to talk about us. Number one being, is there even an 'us'?" she asked. 

"I want there to be an us if you do," I answered simply. I definitely wanted this, and I really hoped she did as well.

"I want that as well," she answered before asking another question, "So what does that make us? Girlfriends?"

"We can be whatever we want to be," I answer with a shrug. 

"Charmer," she rolled her eyes despite her smile. 

"Girlfriends works for me if that's what you want," I said, giving her an actual answer. 

"Okay," she smiled. I nodded, and all I could think about was that I got the girl. This is Clarke Griffin the girl I've been practically drooling over since day one. She actually wanted me in the way I wanted her.

"Care to share with the class?" Clarke asked simply.

Hmmm?" I hummed in question. 

"You still think to loud," she responded simply.