Chapter 19: Irrationalities

Clarke's POV

Everyone left the Blake household around the same time. Now it was just Raven, Octavia, Bellamy, and I. I decided to just stay the night again because it was Saturday, and my mom was still at work. Octavia agreed, and Raven decided to stay as well. 

"We should have a dance party!" Octavia suggested.

"We haven't had an official one in years," Raven says.

I nod in agreement recalling the last time we had a dance party. It had to have been before my dad died. which was two years ago. A dance party is, like the name suggests, a party where you blast music and dance to it. We used to do it to celebrate things like graduating middle school and getting our drivers licenses. I'm not sure what we're celebrating this time though. Maybe being friends this long or 2 out of 3 of us being in a happy relationship?

Octavia turned on her speaker and started blasting music. Most of her songs were oldies, but goodies. We danced our hearts out until it was too late to blast music. We spent a while just talking. A lot of it was Raven and Octavia discussing their relationships while I nod along and pretend like I can relate, but I don't mind. I'm glad they're happy. Honestly, they deserve it. 

"So, Clarkie's just going to ignore the fact that her and Lexa made out in front of our whole friend group," Raven brought up out of no where. I groaned and buried my head in my hands to show that I don't want to talk about it.                        

"C'mon Clarkie. At least tell us if she's a good kisser!" Octavia piped up.

"What do you care, Breeder," Raven teased.

"Hey! That's heterophobic," Octavia joked. 

"O, that's not a thing," I piped up. Octavia just huffed at that. (If you're straight, please don't find this offensive. It is intended to be a joke. Plus, I can see Clarke and Raven teasing Octavia like this if Raven was bisexual and in my story she is)

"Anyways, details Clarke. Details," Raven pushed for an answer.

"It wasn't bad," I answered. I knew if I didn't tell her something she'd just assume stuff, and I hated when she does that. 

"HAHAH! Clarkie liked it," Octavia said while laughing mischievously.

"I never said THAT," I argue. Internally, I knew I had liked it. It was really scary how much I liked it actually. It was scary knowing I liked her, but how could I not like her. It was a little unsettling how much I felt for her in such little time.

"You said it wasn't bad, meaning it was good, and if it was good, you liked it," Raven concluded. I just grumbled under my breath and let them celebrate.

"Wait, it's obvious she likes you like that too, so why aren't you guys a thing?" Octavia asked after a while of celebrating.

"We both agreed that we're not ready to be in a relationship. After Finn and what happened with Mr. Woods we've agreed to just be friends. Plus, it's football season for her, and I'm thinking about getting a job for my own car. Now's just not the time," I tell them. Honestly, it hurt a little when she said she didn't want anything yet, but I understand it. We've both been through a lot individually recently, and we didn't need to add the drama that comes with a relationship.

"That's very mature of you guys actually," Octavia says.

"It's very BORING of them, O, it's obvious they want to jump each other's bones," Raven argues. I shiver at that description. 

"Yeah, but it's obvious they're not ready, especially Clarke I imagine," Octavia says, glancing at me with a sincere smile. 

"Oh yeah," Raven sighs. "Anyways!" she exclaims while obviously trying to change the subject.