Chapter 13: Her

1 Month Later

Lexa's POV

I woke up pretty early today considering it's Saturday. I didn't have anything planned for the day, so it's not like I had to be up. I've been going to Clarke's a lot since the incident. All of her friends have been there a lot actually. She's been having a lot of nightmares, and it hurts me because I can't do anything to stop them. Seeing her in pain and so afraid is unbearable. I'm just happy that she decided to press charges on Finn. In fact, they're going to court next month. 

Finn's been acting different since Clarke told him about pressing charges. At first he, of course, thought he was above it all. He didn't think Clarke had anything on him. Eventually though, he started to figure out just how much she did have on him. Slowly but surely, he started to realize her was screwed, and Clarke still hasn't revealed to him the biggest thing she has on him. His DNA.

Finally, I got out of bed and decided to get ready for the day. I was actually surprised I slept through the whole night. Usually Clarke calls me when she has nightmares. It doesn't bother me, in fact, I like when she calls me. I hate hearing her sound hurt, but I like knowing that I can help her at least a little by being there.

I went to the main floor of the house and found that everyone was awake. "Why is everyone up so early?" I asked still kind of groggy.

"We have an interview today. People are catching onto the fact that there's a new person in the Woods house, and if you're up to it, we want to adopt you!" Anya announce with a serious and happy grin. My eyes widened in shock, and I felt water stream down my face. I was crying in front of this whole family.... my whole family. I've been with them for almost two months, and I've gotten used to considering them my family. It took a while, but they seemed genuinely glad to have me around.

"awwe, honey," Carter said to me as he got up to hug me. I didn't know what to say. "You don't have to say anything," Anya said joining the hug as if she could read my mind.

"Group hug!" Aden yelled as he and Luna joined. I smiled at them. I looked over and Anya who was looking at me hopefully, and I mouthed 'thank you'. Words couldn't explain how grateful I was for them. After the hug, Luna walked up to me and asked, "so, what do you think?" 

"I don't know what to say," was all I could say.

Luna laughed a while before hugging me again. "I know I'm not your bio sister, but I think of you like my sister," she concluded.

"You're my sister too Luna," I smiled at her and she let me go.

"Now stop being sappy and get ready. I don't know how you didn't figure out about the interview earlier."

I nodded and walked to Anya and Carter's room. I knocked on the door lightly, and she quickly opened the door for me. "I'd love for you to adopt me," I smiled at her. It seemed a little fast, but they all accepted me so fast, and it felt so real. I haven't even been here two months, and this already felt like home.

Anya quickly pulled me into a hug before asking me, "Do you mind if we announce it at the interview?" 

I didn't really like being the center of attention, but if it would make them happy, I'd do anything. "Sure. Also, how long will this take? I just got a call from my coach and we're having a practice today," I asked. Oh yeah! I guess I forgot to mention I'm on the football team. First string quarterback. Finn got kicked off the team by both Jaha and the coach once they learned what he had done to Clarke. All I had to do was beat the other people who also wanted his place.

"When's you're practice?" 

"A few hours."

"Eek, it overlaps with the interview."