Chapter 32: Normal is Overrated

Clarke's POV

"Wake up my love," I hear someone whisper which sadly wakes me up. I groan loudly and hear them laugh. Of course, it's Lexa because no one else would call me 'my love'... Wait... Lexa doesn't even call me 'my love'.

"You actually said 'my love'?" I ask surprised. 

"Yes," she answers like it's common sense and places a kiss on my cheek.

"What happened to 'ai hodnes'?" I ask. She's said it to me enough that I actually pronounce it right... I think. 

"I don't know," she shrugs, "I just felt like being normal for a day."

"Normal is overrated," I grumble and kiss her.

"Damn right it is," she responds with a laugh.

"Why'd you wake me up?" I ask curiously. It's not like we have school or anything. It's Sunday AND we're still on Thanksgiving break. Plus, it's not like we can do anything because I'm still stuck in this bed for five more days. 

"Anya made breakfast, so I brought it up for you," she says while showing me a plate of pancakes. 

"Thank you," I smile and start eating. 

While I'm eating, she sits down next to me and asks, "What do you want to do today?" 

I shrug, "There's not much I can do." I huff afterwards. I thought bed rest would be fun, especially because Lexa insists on carrying me everywhere, but now I'm just going insane. All Lexa does is laugh. "It's not funny. I'm going insane!" I exclaim. 

"I'm sorry love, but I'm not risking you making your injuries worse," she states.

"I'm so bored!" I exclaim. 

"I know," she sighs, and I can tell she feels bad.

"I'm sorry. I know it's not your fault. It's just frustrating is all," I apologize and kiss her head. 

For some reason, my eyes shift over to my dad's guitar. It's the last thing I have that reminds me of him. I couldn't leave it at my mom's house, but I hate looking at it. Seeing it sit there, with his name staring back at me, it's taunting. It's just a big fuck you as if I needed one right now. I chuckle under my breath. Lexa cocks her head to the side and gives me a questioning glance. 

"Can you put the guitar in your closet or something?" I ask, probably a little to harshly.

"Of course," she replies, but I can hear the confusion in her tone. She grabs the guitar and walks it into the closet. Soon, she comes back into the room and sits down next to me. She runs her fingers through my hair for a while before she asks, "Do you want to talk about it?"

"Not really," I reply.

"Okay, but I'm here," she says simply. 

"I love you," I say. I can't help but say that in the moment. I'm being an ass to her, and she's still being patient. I've been acting like a dick all morning, and she brings me breakfast and is completely understanding. God, I don't deserve her. 

"I love you too," she responds, and I can hear the smile on her face.

"I'm going to get some sleep. I think I'm a little too grumpy to be awake right now," I laugh at my words.

"Okay my love," she says simply and strokes my head until I can feel myself falling asleep in her arms. 

Lexa's POV

Once Clarke is asleep, I decide to get up. I love her, but I'll be bored sitting in the room watching her sleep for hours. Plus, I agree. I think she definitely needs all the sleep she can get. I' pretty sure everything is catching up with here, and she's starting to realize the reality of everything that happened.