Chapter 9: Ugh! Feelings...

Lexa's POV

Is she really going to... Clarke please! Kiss me.... She was staring into my forest green eyes, and all I could see was confusion. She didn't know what I wanted. She didn't know that I wanted her more than words could explain. After staring for a while, she moved next to my ear, and she whispered, "Lexa, you, are enough."

My heart leapt. I was surprised she couldn't see it jump out of my chest. "umm, I should probably go. I just wanted to check on you and see how you were doing," I lied easily. In all honesty, I really wanted to spend time with her. Something about being with Clarke made me feel... It made me feel. 

"Oh, okay, drive safe. Oh! and call me if you need anything," she replied.

"Of course. Cya around."

Once I was finally in my in car, I put my head on my steering wheel. 'just breathe Lexa. Breathe,' I thought to myself. I used to use this tactic to calm myself down while I was with uncle Jim. If I didn't, I'd go off on him and only make the situation worse. This version of calming myself down, however, was for an entirely different reason completely. This was me getting myself in check and reminding myself I didn't have a chance.

After a few moments, I composed myself and drove back to the Woods estate. When I got home Luna started bugging me about taking her car without asking, and then she managed to steal my phone because she wanted to know where I went. She assumed it was Costia's, so you can imagine her confusion when she realized I was at Clarke's. That, of course, lead to a bunch of questions and accusations -not like "cheater", more like "you like her don't you!"-. I didn't feel like talking about it, so I walked to my room, Luna following closely behind, and slammed the door in her face.

Clarke's POV

Why did she just randomly leave like that? I thought she wanted to hang out or something. Eh, whatever. I guess she has other things to do or something. 

I decided to spend the rest of the day at home because I was still feeling the effects of my hangover. I went to my room and just did random things on my phone. I also shot the group chat a quick text saying I was going to stay home for the day. After that, I put my phone down and quickly drifted back to sleep.

I woke up to a knock on my door, and I was excited to answer it. I figured it was Lexa so I rushed to the door and opened it.

"Finn? What the fuck are you doing here?" I practically growled.

"Hey princess," he smirked.

Lexa's POV

I was scrolling through my phone when I saw a call from Clarke. I was excited to answer it until I heard her sobbing on the other line. I was unsure why she'd call ME in this state, but I didn't voice it. "Hey, shhh, you're okay. What's wrong?"

"I- he-" she started, but it seemed like the words weren't coming out. I had no clue what was wrong but I wasn't going to force her to try to tell me anything like this. She seemed... broken.

"Shh.. I'm on my way," I tried to soothe her.

"I'm sorry-" she hung up.

Why is she sorry? "Luna! I need your car again!" I yelled, asking this time. I didn't want to deal with her questions, but I still didn't feel like I fit in here. I didn't want to take her stuff, even in such a dire situation.

"Oooo are you going to see Clarke," she teased, dragging out the vowels.

"It's not like that!" I yelled. I was not in the mood for Luna's jokes, "please it's important- I swear if you make a sex joke, now is NOT the time!"