Chapter 18: The Talk

Lexa's POV

I woke up the next morning with a serious headache. I grumbled at the feeling when I tried to lift my head up. Once I was more awake I realized I was holding something... more accurately someone. Holy shit. It's all coming back to me now. I really kissed Clarke Griffin. WITH TONGUE. What am I doing. I'm not ready for a relationship. 

I won't deny that I like her. I'm over denying it. I've known I liked her from the beginning. It's just that there's so much going on in my life that I don't need that right now. I release her from my grip and I hear her whimper at the loss of contact in her sleep. 

I laughed a little and sat up. Shortly after I noticed Clarke shift around and start sweating. Is she having a nightmare? She hasn't had any in a long time as far as I know. "Clarke," I whispered while shaking her to wake her up. She just shivered and kept turning. "Clarke," I saw a little louder while shaking her more. Still, she doesn't wake up. "Clarke!" I yell. Considering I was still barely awake, that probably didn't sound right if anyone heard me, but I don't really care. I'm just trying to wake her up. She's obviously terrified. I notice her start to whimper and panic a little more. 

I tried to think of how on earth I could wake her up. I decided to jump on top of her. It was not my brightest move, but I have a headache and my brain isn't working. This, ended up waking her up. She looked genuinely confused as to why I was laying on top of her, but she didn't have time to thing about it too much because she started crying. 

I rolled to the side and she grabbed around my waist and threw herself onto me while sobbing. I wanted to know what scared her so bad, but now was not the time to ask what was going on. After a few moments of Clarke crying, the door creaked open to reveal Octavia and Raven who looked stunned. "Was it THAT bad?" Raven asked jokingly.

I shot her a confused glance, "We thought you guys were having sex," Octavia shrugged.

Clarke obviously heard this because next thing I know she's flipping them off.

"Wait, if that's not what happened then why is Clarke crying?" Raven asked sounding concerned now. 

"Nightmare," I say simply while stroking her back.

"Oh, I thought those were gone," Octavia murmured from the doorway. 

"Me too," I told her.

Clarke composed herself enough to pick her head up and throw a pillow at the door. The closed it and started laughing because even though Clarke was upset, she was still feisty. "What was that for?" I asked her while laughing a little myself.

"They were annoying me," she shrugged while laying back down. "Thanks for waking me up by the way. It was a little extreme as far as methods go though," she laughed.

"Well I literally yelled your name and you were still out cold," I stated.

"Really? That hasn't happened since," she paused for a second before continuing, "my dad died."

"Oh..."

"That explains why they though we were having sex though. One minute you're screaming my name and the next the bed creaks under our weight," she started laughing, and I did too. "Oh, I got some advil for us last night. You want it? My headaches not bad, but that means yours must be awful," she offered after she stopped laughing.

"Sure, thanks," I smiled at her generosity. She handed me a pill and some water while she took a pill for herself. 

"Now, I'm gonna go eat something. You coming?" she asked.

"Yeah, lets go."

We got downstairs and Raven and Octavia had cooked with Lincolns help, and by that I mean Lincoln cooked while Octavia and Raven pretended to be helpful. They made a bunch of pancakes for everyone. Clarke and I grabbed some and sat down together. We ate in silence and we washed our dishes.