66: Unexpected turn of events.

My bag seemed a lot heavier than usual, probably because of the fact that I was weighing myself down with my entire body filled with nothing but endless thoughts and tauting feelings.

The day was finally at an end and most of the students didn't seem intrigued by the bell as much more remained chattering in the classrooms than stampeding through the door.

"Riley." The dry raspy voice was for no one else expect Ash. His voice during the day didn't seem the way it always sounded. Though he wasn't talking to me much, but I could hear him from a mile away when he spoke to his friends. I glanced over my shoulder, spotting him standing behind me with a nervous look on his face.

"What?" I asked as I turned back to filling my bag with books and pens.

"Can I give you a ride?" He asked and I clenched my jaw as I zipped my bag, knowing he will give me a tough time getting over him.

"I have one." I said as I carried the bag over my shoulder. "No need. Thanks." I said and just as I walked past him, he grabbed my upper arm and pulled me back in front of him. I stared into his blue eyes with uncertainty and he was pleading through them.

I know Ash... This is hard for the both of us.

"Just a ride." He pleaded and at this point, I could feel the enormous stares from around us.

At this point I knew everyone had heard about it. That Ash cheated on me and lost our deal and that in the end he was the one being punished.

Everyone heard it and had been talking about it over and over again.

Others claiming it was a good thing that he left me....

"... Then let me tell Rhy-"

"Just you." He pleaded as he gripped my shoulder tightly. "We still need to talk."

"We talked already." I said as I clenched my jaw at him. "I made things clear."

"But I'm not done talking." He said than casted his eyes to the floor. "Please." I cursed under my breath as I glanced at the floor, knowing too well I was struggling just to say no to him.

I still love Ash. I still want him to be my boyfriend but I can't....

History might just repeat itself.

"It's just a ride?" I asked for assurance and his grip on my finally released.

"Just a ride." He said and I nodded slowly, pulling my phone from in my pockets as I texted my mother that Ash was giving me a ride. She texted it was okay but to be careful with him and I told her it was alright.

"Lead the way." I said and he smiled a bit, turning as he walked towards the door, letting me follow behind him. The corridor had a few students wondering and just standing about, talking to themselves and no one seemed to be interested in going home.

I couldn't see Sarah or Rhy anywhere, they probably left a couple of minutes ago. Or seconds.

I clenched the straps of my bag as I stared at Ash's back. His tall frame towering over me as well as his muscles.

If I was still his girlfriend, I could reach out and touch him.

The outside, despite me being in trauma, was very peaceful and smoothing. The air wasn't hot nor cold but rather warm with a small chilling breeze that seemed to hit the spot.

A few cars were gone but that was it. Everyone was still inside. Probably gossiping about me.

"You can get in the front." He said as he opened the door for me and headed over to his side. I closed the door instead and went into the back. He frowned at that but I simply crossed my arms over my chest, knowing I would have to be the one leading his ceremony if he wasn't going to admit we weren't together anymore.