57: Careless Bastard

"He's alright." He replied as he gently rubbed his eyes. "Ms Marker, is it?" He asked and I nodded slowly. "Oh yes. He requested you stay with him the night."

"He's awake?" I asked with a small smile tagging my lips as he nodded and walked away.

Sarah, Rhy and I rushed into the room, nearly crushing into the butler as he made his way out with some gadget in his hands.

"Adrien!" Rhy exclaimed as tears burst out from his eyes, his crying face as ugly as it comes. "I thought you died!" He cried as he threw himself on Adrien who was currently laying down on the bed.

I smiled as I approached them and sat just at the edge if the bed, staring down at him as Rhy hugged the life out of him.

"I wouldn't die that easily." Adrien chuckled and I frowned a bit, knowing too well he was on the verge of death.

"Good. You do owe me two more days of video games." Rhy demanded and I couldn't resist to roll my eyes at him. "So don't go dying on us."

"I won't." Adrien chuckled weakly before his eyes landed on me, forcing me to frown even more when his eyes lost most of his colour. "Worried about me Mrs Hawks?" He asked with a smirk and I sighed out, running a hand through my hair as I looked at the ground. Angry at him for being so careless.

"She was on the verge of death herself." Sarah chuckled as she reached out and grabbed Rhy's hand. "I'm glad you're okay. Since you just woke up, we'll let you have some rest. I'll head down with Rhy for some more video games." She winked at me and I felt my cheeks heat up as she ran out the room. Intentionally leaving me with Adrien.

The door came to a clean close and I bit my lower lip as I looked at it for a moment before slowly turning to Adrien. In an instant, our eyes connected like two magnets.

He gave me a shy boyish smile to which I returned with a deep angry frown.

"I can't believe you." I began to say as I furrowed my brows at him.

"About what?" He asked as he patted the spot beside him, instructing me to sit next to him to which I reluctantly followed. Once I was sited next to him, he leaned his head onto mine and at that point I was starting to worry about my height. Whether it was healthy or not to be this short.

"About you being careless." I said, only to hear him chuckle softly. "I'm serious. What if you died?"

"But I didn't." He said breathlessly. "I still have a weekend to spend with you remember?"

"What happened to you before we found you?" I asked and he was silent for a moment.

"Well, I think I fainted, a few times around five for probably twenty minutes. I just assumed I had been falling asleep up until I felt no control of my legs and partially my arm. When I began feeling dizzy, I realised I was running low on energy. I could have screamed for help but believe me, I was helpless." He sighed out and I stared endlessly at the wall at the end of the room. "I couldn't let out my voice because I was way past my limit. I had to wait until the butler notices. Or someone. Then you and my butler actually came rushing in." He chuckled and I clenched my jaw. "I'm happy you thought about me, Riley. Otherwise, I would be dead by now." He whispered into my ear as though he was on the verge of sleep.

"I just had a nervous feeling." I admitted and leaned from him to gaze into his tired eyes. "Why do you want me to stay the night in your room?" I asked with furrowed brows and he smiled slightly.

"The doctor told me I might have a short attack during the nights and it might get me killed. Since it's just a test heart, it's the first time recharging it." He explained slowly. "If I do close my eyes for good. At least you should be the last thing I see." He said as he reached his hand out to mine and laced our fingers together.

"How could you say things like that!?" I asked and snatched my hand from him. "You have no sympathy about me, who might find a corpse in her hands when she has woken up!" I yelled in frustration and he bit his lower lip slightly as he shut his eyes.

"Though, you're staying in here right?" He asked as he reopened his eyes. "With me?"

"Sure... Why not?" I asked and he sighed out in relief as he threw himself back, landing his head on the large fluffy pillows.

"Get dressed love, anything you want from my closet." He yawned as he shut his eyes and hugged the pillow to his chest. "Get in when you're done... I'm powering off for now."

"Goodnight Adrien." I smiled as I stood up and watched him slowly descend into sleep land.

"Mm-hm." He moaned and I knew he was long gone at this point.

I made my way towards his closet and pulled it wide open.

Damn this boy shopped the whole damn store.

It wasn't just a closet. But a room inside the closet filled with his clothes, shoes, suits and all in their own part of the room.

I quickly scanned my eyes on the shirts that were categorized based on size and colour.

Wow.

I eventually picked a grey shirt that didn't have words on it and was lucky enough to reach my mid thighs, though it kind of got some resistance on my hips.

I walked back to the bed and made myself comfortable a bit far from him. Keeping my promise to Ash.