7: The Blond

"Hi." I shut the locker and glared at him as he smiled with two cappuccinos in his hands. I furrowed my brows as I stared down at them. "What is it Ash?"

"We went off on the wrong foot yesterday and I thought you would need this." He said and I sighed and glanced over his shoulder for Peter, but I hadn't seen him this morning.

"Where's Peter?" I asked as I grabbed one cup and sipped on it. Wow, for a guy who hardly knows me, he got my favourite.

"What's up with you and Peter? Did you know each other before?" He asked and I shook my head in denial.

"I want to check if he's taking care of his cut." I said and he stared at me as though I was the worst person he had ever seen. "What?"

"Just to remind you. I still have a cut foot." He said as he pointed down at his bandaged foot exposed with flip-flops.

"Oh." I said as I glanced back up at him. "You seem fine to me."

"Just admit you like Peter." He said angrily and I chuckled.

"Everyone keeps saying that but I know how my heart works. It's not falling for anyone soon." I rolled my eyes and walked away from him. "Plus we just met yesterday, don't act like we've known each other our whole lives."

"So why does it feel like we have?" He asked as I heard his flip-flops platter behind me and I sighed as I kicked the classroom door open and walked in. "Don't you feel like we've seen each other before."

"I have a million faces I meet everyday, I can't memorise them all, I need the brain space for studies." I said as I walked to the seat by the window.

He followed anyway and sat right in front of me.

For a popular boy he sure is very clingy and annoying.

"If you have something important to say, spit it out because I'm getting annoyed with you right now." I said with a deep frown and he furrowed his brows and pitched his lips together.

"You really are a rude person Riley." He said only to suddenly gain on a creepy smile. "Makes me like you more."

"Oh for the lord's sake," I groaned and crossed my arms on my chest, glaring at him in anger. "You're more messed up than I thought. 3pm, clockwork university. Disciplinary classes. I think I will throw in some therapy too." I hissed and he chuckled just as the teacher walked in. He winked and I huffed as he turned away.

Not this.

"I hear we have a student with outstanding success. Ms Riley Marker." The teacher said and I glanced at him. He motioned me to stand in front and I rebelled, not wanting to get up at all. "Ms Marker?"

"I'm not in the moment to stand sir, not everyone needs to know how I look because I don't intend on making friends." I smiled charmingly and he simply blinked at me and cleared his throat as students began to mummer about me.

"So hot." Ash whispered as he glanced over his shoulder and I simply ignored him.

"3pm." I said as I pulled out my books and spread them across the table, already studied the syllabus the moment I was told to get a high school certificate eight months back.

The teacher began to teach after his overdramatic shock and everyone eventually stopped glancing my way.

I smirked to myself and laced my fingers together, staring and listening as the teacher spoke.

Once classes were over. I gathered my books and stood up, checking the time.

"Time for calculus." I sighed and grabbed my bag, turning only to jump in fright when Peter stood next to me.

"Sorry I didn't say hi in the morning. Ash left and I had to wait for his mother to drop me off." He said and I smiled at him, for the first time noticing how his freckles looked great on him. He got new glasses apparently and were black and really big, making his green eyes pop out very much. "So, hi."

"Hey." I chuckled and bit my lip as I watched him blush. Wasn't so bad. He was actually... Cute... "So there's calculus. Want to sit with me?"

"Sure." He smiled and I nodded as he led the way. Before I could walk out of the classroom, I felt a hand grip my wrist and yank me backwards. I turn and it's Ash. Of course. The jealous buffoon.

"I saw the way you looked at him." He said and I rolled my eyes and snatched my hand from him.

"So what? Stop trying to control me or I'll break your face. I'm a black belt if you want to know." I hissed and walked out of the class, stepping into the calculus class that was just next door and scanned the room for Peter.

To my surprise, he was sitting with a blond girl. I slightly dropped my smile as I stared at him in disbelief.

Wasn't I supposed to sit with him though? I mean it's okay.... but he offered.

"You can sit with me." Ash whispered into my ear and I sighed and glared at him as he stood beside me. "She won't leave him."

"You make it sound like I'm jealous." I rolled my eyes at him. "Plus it will be okay. I don't want to make friends." I sighed as I walked to the empty seats at the back.

But he offered me...