9: The invitation

We walked to the booth once we made our orders and at this point I was starving. Having just half a cappuccino for breakfast isn't the way to go. I had to finish off my studies early in the morning and had to cancel out breakfast just to finish on time.

I folded my arms and glanced out of the large windows, watching the people pass by. Others in a hurry, others with their significant other, and others with just their pets.

"Can I ask you out?" I heard Ash say and I turned to face him. He was currently looking down at his phone when he glanced up to me with a small smile. "On a date?"

"What are you aiming exactly?" I asked with furrowed brows and he leaned onto the seat, tossing his phone to me.

"There's a new theme park opening, first sixteen customers ride anything for free for how long they want." He said and I glanced down at the picture on his phone.

I had never gone to a theme park before... Let alone a non romantic date.

"It's on Sunday? Hm... It's negotiable. Under one condition." I said as I held up a finger and slid his phone to him.

"And what is it?" He asked as he smiled excitedly.

"Under no circumstances will you touch me, or get too close, or let alone attempt to kiss me. I'll break that neck of yours." I threatened and he sighed, leaning back as he smirked and glanced down at my very much virgin lips.

"But they look so soft." He whispered just as the waitress brought our food. She cast me an odd glance and redirected it to Ash who was hardly looking at her. She stared at him for an awfully long time and I stared back at her unblinkingly just to make her feel uneasy. When she finally felt my uncomfortable stare, she ran off. "I'll try to resist it." Ash said and I glanced down at the burger in my plate.

"I'll bite your lip off you dare try it." I threatened only to get a nasty chuckle from him.

"That's what I want." He whispered and I simply ignored him and ate my fresh delicious burger.

Wherever Peter and Susan were, they will smell the food and come running like hungry beasts.

"Have you ever kissed a guy before?" I heard him ask and I ignored it, munching down on my burger. Putting full concentration on the eating process, it was good to server your food because if you were not so concentrated you could- "Riley!"

"No Ash!" I glared at him in anger. "I haven't kissed anyone before! You want to know why? Huh!?" I asked as I banged my fist against the hard frame of the table and glared into his shocked eyes.

"Uh... Yes?" He chuckled nervously and I eased my shoulders and threw one leg over the other, staring at him hesitantly.

"No one wanted to." The words slipped right out of my tongue and I bit on my lips to keep shut.

Why the hell was I telling him that!? 

"Oh... I thought you'd say something about the human brain and it being something useless..." He cleared his throat as he looked awkward now and at this point, I suspected I had found his weakness.

Truth.

But no where in hell would I tell him the truth about everything I had never done before and the reasons why. Some are just embarrassing.

"Can I be your first kiss?" He asked and I stared at him. Unsure if I should feel irritated or happy about it. I was pretty sure nobody asks that.

"Why do you seem so excited about this?" I asked and he chuckled as he bit his lower lip. Is he trying to tempt me? Because that never works on me.

"Because I get the opportunity to teach you. Plus, make it hot and memorable." He said as he stared dead on into my eyes, scaring me a bit. "So will you allow me?"

"Not now, not today." I crossed my arms and stared down at the burger.

"On Sunday. During our date." He said and I shut my eyes as I told myself that I knew it would result to it. "So?"

"This is the most awkward situation I've ever been in." I sighed and tapped my forehead in uncomfortably. "Fine. And I'm only accepting for the fact I just want to feel it. Don't expect any lovey dovey after that because I am not attracted to you Ash Briton." I said and he chuckled weakly as he grabbed his juice and sipped.

"You're hurting my feelings Riley." He said and glanced up at me. I opened my mouth to say more but he seemed like he was telling the truth, through his eyes. I sealed my lips and leaned back, staring out the window now, feeling uneasy.

"Oh it's here!" I heard Peter exclaim and I glanced at him then dropped my eyes down to Sarah who still clung on him.

"Yes." I stood up and sat next to Ash, not wanting to disturb the newly wedded couple. It took Peter and, of course, Ash off by surprise but neither of them asked, which was good because I didn't intend to answer.

He sat across from me and Sarah sat across from Ash, giving me an uneasy stare as though she didn't not want to sit across from Ash.

They began to eat and I glanced around myself, feeling it a bit odd to stare at people whilst the eat. I glanced down at my watch and sighed.

Twenty minutes to go. Plenty of time.

"So Riley, there's a theme park opening. Free pass for first sixteen. I'm going with Sarah and I thought it be great if you tagged along." He smiled childishly and I nearly giggled at it, taking myself by surprise. I cleared my throat and glanced down at the table.

If only you told me sooner Peter.

"I'm going with Ash." I said only to hear Ash sigh out in relief from beside me. I ignored him eventually and smiled at Peter apologetically. "We'll just meet there."

"Oh... Okay." He cleared his throat and turned back to his meal.

He is kinda... Cute.